crank seals

Yes. It's not a crank seal though. Ya take the sprocket assembly off and screw a drywall screw in the seal only about 1/8" get a pair of pliers and pull like your rubbing one off... To istall if ya dont have the tool to seat the new seal then use a socket that is as big as the seals outer edge, put a light coat of grease on the inside and tap gently.

Its called the counter shaft seal.

be sure when you install the new one you wrap the splines of the shaft with electrical tape so you dont damage it putting it on.

Here ya go took a pic with a lighter to show the size Its the biggest one I had left in the pack and I know for sure the others were for the clutch arm seal, shifter shaft and one more small one. This one i am almost 80% sure is the sprocket seal. Brand spankin new lol.

Edit looking on ebay this seems not to be the right one, hmm

001.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Are you continuing to blow transmission case seals out one right behind the other? Or were they leaking all along or did you damage them doing some specific?

If you're blowing them out maybe you should look for the root cause of the problem... transmission case seals should not be under any pressure. If they are, you have one of two problems and possibly both. The vent line that comes off of the case to the right of the reed cage mounting boss is the transmission vent. Dirtdobbers LOVE to try and build a nest in the end of that piece of tubing and there isn't anything to stop them, it's just a piece of vent tube that goes up above the frame somewhere. Make sure the end isn't blocked because as the transmission heats up, the air inside it expands and it has to have somewhere to go otherwise it will pressurize the seals until it finds a weak one and blows it out.

Also, the crankseal on the clutch side COULD be going bad. Usually they suck transmission fluid in and burn it in the engine but it's possible the seal is allowing crank pressure out without sucking transmission fluid in and doing the same thing to your transmission case, pressurizing it. You might want to consider a leak down test to make sure you don't have a crank seal problem.

so specific damage.... unless Busted_warrior has a kick start seal handy, I would say the closest yamaha dealer (or babbitt's online) is going to be your best bet to purchase just that one seal.

You could also buy a full oil seal set and have the extras laying around in case you damage another one later...

Ebay has a seal set for $30 shipped Moose racing brand name that is what I got. The dealer wanted $10 for just one seal and it was going to be two weeks before i'd get it! i hate dealers.