Crank Seals/Primary Drive Gear Nut Trouble

OldSkoolBlaster

Mar 15, 2009
I am replacing the crank seals on the blaster this weekend.The Left/Stator side is done and went smooth.I am now working on the right/Clutch side and I am having trouble getting the Primary drive Gear nut off!I have soaked it in PB Blaster,hit it with the Impact,Tried a Breaker bar and broke a socket extension.This nut is on there! I have a clutch/stator wrench holding the crank from turning and can not get this nut to break loose.I am thinking of trying some heat from a propane torch?Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx David

wedge a quarter between the primary gear and the clutch gear. Then try smacking your breaker bar with a hammer while you have the gears jammed up.

I had the same issue last week. I ended up just buying a better Impact gun, worked great!

I have a Husky Air Impact gun and it is not breaking this nut loose.I am now gonna try a lil' heat from a propane torch to burn off the loctite.Should I get a New More powerful Impact Gun?This nut is one tuff son of a gun! Have I met my match?NO WAY!