craigslist deal of the day!

Well, its been awhile since Ive had some free time at the shop and i had some time today, so here's an updateI:I

Got the tubing and and base plate ready to weld.

20131028_163311_zps644f9d21.jpg

20131028_163317_zps9b5f203c.jpg

Tig welded it using a Lincoln Electric Precision Tig 225.

20131017_163902_zps91e888a9.jpg

20131028_165330_zps94f3f3d0.jpg

20131028_165351_zpsa27d1a3d.jpg

20131028_165358_zpsc02db021.jpg

Im gonna mill the hole in the center and make a tab for the pipe spring, and the flange should be done by the end of the week if I have enough time.

Nice find and awesome job on the fan work! I recently picked up a tig welder, wire feed, but have no experience at all welding. Gotta get ahold of some scrap metals and start messing around myself, would love to be able to do some general repair and fan of my own

Nice find and awesome job on the fan work! I recently picked up a tig welder, wire feed, but have no experience at all welding. Gotta get ahold of some scrap metals and start messing around myself, would love to be able to do some general repair and fan of my own

Thank you! If its a "wire feed"you have, It would be a MIG/GMAW(gas metal arc welding) machine. practice makes perfect, go get some sheet metal and start layin some beads down! If you need any help or have any questions feel free to askI:I

Check out this website, I've learned some good techniques from this guy!

Welding Tips and Tricks - TIG, MIG, Stick and a pantload of other info

Nice weld there, looks evenly spread.

I myself, in the last week of my welding class, got to use a TIG welder. Its really hard to learn, but he said i could master it if we had more time.

In our metals shop we have 6 Oxy-Act stations, 6 Arc stations, and 4 GMAW (wire feed) stations. He set up the two TIG welders because 8 people needed to do GMAW in the last round.

As a final project, im building a semi with my old piston as a hood, i wanted the TIG for that but he already took them out of their places :(

Nice weld there, looks evenly spread.

I myself, in the last week of my welding class, got to use a TIG welder. Its really hard to learn, but he said i could master it if we had more time.

In our metals shop we have 6 Oxy-Act stations, 6 Arc stations, and 4 GMAW (wire feed) stations. He set up the two TIG welders because 8 people needed to do GMAW in the last round.

As a final project, im building a semi with my old piston as a hood, i wanted the TIG for that but he already took them out of their places :(

Thanks! Im at my college welding shop all week, 8-10 hours a day, so the practice has definatly payed offI:I. Sounds like you have a nice shop! A semi, Thats sounds cool, have you tig welded aluminum before?