cr125 rear shock on a blaster ?

yamablast3r

Aug 27, 2009
Labrador City, NL
whats the take on cr 125 rear shock on a blaster can it be done or has anyone seen a blaster with cr125 shock on it, i happen to come across a cr125 at the dump and figured it still had the shock in it with a ressie and thought must be better then the blasters stock one

the mounts on it are a bit smaller on top and the bottom mount is like a fork but it fits in the mount on the swingarm it could be bolted on with some washers and some other stuff and is problly 2-3inches longer which would rasie the rear end

whats the take on this would it work or has it worked in the past ?:-/

i dont think that it has ever been done but i dont think it will neccesarily work very great because its not set for the weitght of a quad its tuned for a dirtbike but try it and let us know you may have just found out an awesome upgrade

i dont think that it has ever been done but i dont think it will neccesarily work very great because its not set for the weitght of a quad its tuned for a dirtbike but try it and let us know you may have just found out an awesome upgrade

yeah i figured it was going to be to soft for a blaster since its heavier but i can adjust the ressie to hard setting and tighten the top of the shock a bit since its only screwed 5-6 turns i will remove the stock blaster shock tomarrow and figure out how to mount this other shock

thanks for your input appreciate it

UPDATE

i got the old shock off and fitted the new one with some washers and spacers i had to adjust the chain because it was very tight and one concern i have is the chain now rolls on the chain roller quite a bit might have to remove that bottom roller thats to be determined i do have a pic with the two shocks side by side will post it in a few minutes

im hoping to complete this tomorrow and will have pics

yeah the bike sits really high on the rear end but i love that hopefully it will work out

size differences
shocksl.jpg

there was a member that tryed a cr125 rear shock on a blaster and it was way too soft and it also jacked the rear end up

So heres the pics it sits really high i will have to find some bigger front shocks somewhere to level it out but i dont find it to soft like some have said

anyway tell me what you think any suggestions for bigger front shocks ?

btw i dont have the ressie mounted yet

dsc02850e.jpg

dsc02842ps.jpg

dsc02844g.jpg

dsc02845z.jpg

dsc02848a.jpg

dsc02849q.jpg