cr125 dies

Mar 29, 2011
Yorkville Illinois
i will be riding in 5th or 6th gear when the bike shut off, the back wheel locks up and until i pull the clutch in, stays that way. i know it has somethig to do with the wiring but idk where to start...

no as soon as i pull the clutch in the wheel spins, then i downshift and the bike starts right up, although a few times i have crashed and when i pick her up put it in neutral and kick it it starts right away

Still a bit confused, could be caused by interruption to fuel. Start at the petcock to see if there is a steady stream of fuel, and work down diagnosing and fixing.
Check the float level and make sure there is no crud in the carby.

It sounds like from your explanation that you are starving for fuel after wide throttle openings.

If problem still exists after thoroughly cleaning the fuel system, then go looking at the electrics. :)

Still a bit confused, could be caused by interruption to fuel. Start at the petcock to see if there is a steady stream of fuel, and work down diagnosing and fixing.
Check the float level and make sure there is no crud in the carby.

It sounds like from your explanation that you are starving for fuel after wide throttle openings.

If problem still exists after thoroughly cleaning the fuel system, then go looking at the electrics. :)

But with that being said for it to be a fuel issue wouldn't you think it would have did what he is explaining before he got to 5th or 6th gear in like 2nd or 3rd

I'm confused about locking up when it dies.....is this a violent happening? Doesn't seem right. What kinds of noises are you hearing when it locks up? Locked up many times? I've not seen a bike "lock up" and cause a wreck and then just kick it and go again....

it is a 1989 cr 125 pro circuit head pipe to fmf power core. it is the weirdest damn thing. no i bought clear fuel lines when i fixed her up. it has a clear and steady stream. cleaned carburetor even though it wasn't was dirty. there are no noises it just dies, the rear wheel locks and either i fall, or pull the clutch in. Then if i pull the clutch in and downshift and let the clutch out it will start up, if i fall i kick it without a problem. i have no idea wth it is. that is why i think it is the wiring. it just locks up the wheel in that gear. it has happened once in 3rd gear also

no, but you said you could get a diagram? i could look at that and go see where the sh*t is spose to be, i want to sell it but i cant with it doing this, someone could really get hurt on it

i remember there being a bolt here and now it is gone... what does this do and where does it come from

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Ok so what i have found is that many people have the same problem solutions i have heard is there may be a air leak i would suggest do a leak down test i found no diagrams