Counter Weight

Blaster fool8

Jan 30, 2012
St.louis
Whats the best way to remove a counterweight bearing. I tried going to auto zone and borrowing a pilot bearing remover but its too bigX(

First off why are you removing it?? If to drop weight i would say no unless your drag racing and know your bottom end will wear out premo from serious vibration.. To get outer race out use heat like stated, move the heart around, don't stay in one spot.

Spray it with PB blaster and let it sit for a day. Don't be afraid to soak it good. Get a torch and using propane/map gas heat up the case behind the bearing. It should drop out? How did you remove the inner race? This is going to make it harder
To get the rest of the bearing out. If it was me and the heat didn't work I would cut it out with a dremel using a carbide bit or cut off wheel. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IF YOU ARE NOT EXTEMLY COMFORTABLE USING A DREMEL AND CUTTING TOOLS.

Spray it with PB blaster and let it sit for a day. Don't be afraid to soak it good. Get a torch and using propane/map gas heat up the case behind the bearing. It should drop out? How did you remove the inner race? This is going to make it harder
To get the rest of the bearing out. If it was me and the heat didn't work I would cut it out with a dremel using a carbide bit or cut off wheel. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IF YOU ARE NOT EXTEMLY COMFORTABLE USING A DREMEL AND CUTTING TOOLS. There is a possibility of damaging your cases.

Last edited by a moderator: