Computer (unichip) for blaster.

blasterdubai

Dec 2, 2010
A shop near my house has a computer or uni chip for my blaster, they said it cost 360$ and that it gives a massive performance gain, you guys think I should buy it? (They also install it)
Anyone hear have any uniships ore something of the same sort?
If so what was the outcome?
My Blaster has (currently):porting,jetting,bigger bore piston (wiseco),vforce, toomey b1 exhaust.
Soon to come:
Hot rods 4mm crankshaft.
Computer,unichip.

The main thing chips are for are fuel management like on fuel injection systems where you can tune your engine like rejeting your carb. except blasters definately arent fuel injected so the only thing i can think it may be is an aftermarket cdi that does away with the rev limit mabey

The main thing chips are for are fuel management like on fuel injection systems where you can tune your engine like rejeting your carb. except blasters definately arent fuel injected so the only thing i can think it may be is an aftermarket cdi that does away with the rev limit mabey

Yes thats what it is, i think he said that when installed there is no limit to the rev. But still im going to call and ask.

Maybe they want to convert it to fuel injection? But I doubt it. If they are full of crap like it sounds. Never let them touch your bike again...

I smell a rat! a dead rat and it may cost you money!

I just called the guy he said that it was made by dynatec (or similar sounding name) and that it removes the cutoff and that they have to tune it, he said that it increases performnce by 8-10%.
Im not sure but for now ill just think about it and if i get it, dont worry ill post the results.
Currently: Porting,jetting,bigger piston,toomey exhausts,vforce.
Soon to come: Head milling, hot rods crank +4mm, CDI unit (maybe) carburetor boring and polishing.

Damn man you were faster than me
The thing is, why would he lie? And im not sure if it was ''made'' for the Blaster but it can be installed, and they do the computer tuning, and even if it is a scam, im going to ride the bike after they do it, ill feel the difference, and if i feel like nothings happened i will most definitely get my money back, But at least if I try it ill know if its good or not, so then maybe u guys might want it!;)
Thanks for info anyway guys

The thing is, why would he lie? And im not sure if it was ''made'' for the Blaster but it can be installed, and they do the computer tuning, and even if it is a scam, im going to ride the bike after they do it, ill feel the difference, and if i feel like nothings happened i will most definitely get my money back, But at least if I try it ill know if its good or not, so then maybe u guys might want it!;)
Thanks for info anyway guys

so if you had every intention of doing it anyways why did you bother to ask about it? i think you need to stop what you are doing take a step back and think about what you want to do and get it done. you are jsut grabbing at whatever mods come along constantly going back and forth and in the end all you are going to have is a bunch of high dollar crap jumbled together that would get smoked by my stock bore blasty all day. blasters are small, to get alot of speed and power out of them you need to get a gameplan together and get mods that will all work together to get you the most power. also there is no rev limiter on a stock CDI, they will rev out as far as your mods will allow. this little piston can only get spinning so fast.....

iam not aware of a hotcdi for a blaster, but the only cut off switches iam aware of are the over-rev switches.

those can be unplugged on the earlier model atvs (in fact i unplugged mine when i put the big bore kit on, i had to in order to get the carb tuned in for the bb kit) and you would have to retune the carb after unplugging them. so no dynatech hot cdi required.

not sure if you have to purchase a new cdi or do anything special to the 2003 and up blasters to put a bb kit on them...

anyone with a 2003 blaster and bb kit maybe post on the subject?

iam not aware of a hotcdi for a blaster, but the only cut off switches iam aware of are the over-rev switches.

those can be unplugged on the earlier model atvs (in fact i unplugged mine when i put the big bore kit on, i had to in order to get the carb tuned in for the bb kit) and you would have to retune the carb after unplugging them. so no dynatech hot cdi required.

not sure if you have to purchase a new cdi or do anything special to the 2003 and up blasters to put a bb kit on them...

anyone with a 2003 blaster and bb kit maybe post on the subject?

i have never heard of anyone having to do that stuff because they added a BBK :-/ :-/

i have never heard of anyone having to do that stuff because they added a BBK :-/ :-/

hmmmmmm, noobs, are we are really missin some performance mods, these newbs have been keeping hidden from us ??????

and wolf .......you're refering to the "tors unit" not the cdi

dubai, the only thing your gonna report is a lighter wallet, there is only one type of aftermarket cdi for the blaster........
"ricks hotshot cdi" < google or ebay it
and i had one, brand new - $40 - i dont think it made that big of a difference, sold it

save your loot bro, theres nothing electrical, that gives 8-10% power gains for any amount of money, on a blaster

that shop is raping people,
dont let me see you walking funny (sore ahole) tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!