Computer, Cell and Gaming Chatter

i'm about to print a bunch of shipping labels and you guys can pass it around like a cheap hoe till someone
teaches her to make a sammich correctly, then send her back home :)

awk you tried a external wifi antenna on the laptop...(i know thats not the name of them, cant think of it right now)...

ahh wireless network adapter basically. i used to run toshiba sattelite laptops, id get 4-5yrs out of them then sell them for parts. out of the 7 laptops ive had, ive only had 1 lemon. toshiba sattelite l305....first the motherboard, got a new one....then about 6 or 7 harddrives later i decided to finally OOPS. the screen broke and needed to be sold as parts.. :D

right now im running two hp laptops (the brothers) an older version and a newer one lol. running vista and 7. then my mom got a dell all in one desktop for the work, works better for movies :p

anyways...sorry for rambling. what do you normally use for virus protection? im running avast and antimalware bytes.

anyways anyways......im trying to remember, reseeting the router doesnt work..nor does safe mode correct?
toshiba... have you went into the firewall settings and switched up your proxy setting, connection setting etc for the laptop. maybe switch up your wireless settings in the router menus?

i dont want to say you have a bad card because itll connect other places, but it sounds like either the card is blocking the internet or the router is blocking your card (thats where the wireless adapter comes in) maybe try a new wireless card in the laptop to see if that one will connect?

Reactions: Awk08
awk who is you internet provider?
take the yellow-ethernet cord out of wireless router,leave it connected to the other box
plug it into labtop...wait..if you have another yellow ethernet cord you can try plugging it into wireless router then pc
that labtop needs internet connection..because thiso_O
you reinstalled windows
know you need to do the over 100 updates that it wants for windows...
you also need to update "JAVA''.. separatley
also internet explore is probably on like ie 5....when it is suposed to be on 9 or whatever the highest number
it will allow....
make sure the time and date on labtop are correct as well
we said last night we would pm,so later tonight i will pm you,but dont want to drag both of us threw hell
on christmas eve,christmas day...lol
a million more things im not going to go over yet:)
i can just imagine what your network and sharing center says when it say it cant connect,open that bad boy

Reactions: Awk08
yep, we'll tag team it someday after the holidays !
thanx speedy

It's connecting to the router. the router is not passing it through. Have you checked your parental restrictions on the router. sounds to me like you have blocked your comp from the internet.

It's connecting to the router. the router is not passing it through. Have you checked your parental restrictions on the router. sounds to me like you have blocked your comp from the internet.

it's just this one fresh OS toshiba, i've got 4 other devices running off this wi-fi signal, including this message right here :)

you can block individual devices.
what router are you using?

cisco valet, named "awks wi-fi" w/ password
this toshiba connects to it, but local only, no internet.
all other devices work flawlessly, i've even tried turning off the cell wi-fi's thinking the # of devices permitted may have been limited, still no dice

try running command prompt as administrator then typing the following commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog
ipconfig /flushdns (there is a space between ipconfig and /)

try running command prompt as administrator then typing the following commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog
ipconfig /flushdns (there is a space between ipconfig and /)

good info bro !
will try that later this evening, gotta run right now
thanx

Anyone have xbox one? My gamertag is jjz28. I have destiny, forza 5, call of duty ghosts, titanfall. Just send me a message who you are.

find out exactly which toshiba you have???
the wireless cards are at bottom on most hps,i think but every computer is different,they have two wires going to them,but yet different type n stuff if that makes any sense
dismantle-laptop-04.jpg

not the greatest example in video but it will look almost exactly like yours,probably on drive c.....and drive d though.
drive c is what you want i typed this up top earlier but this is an example
this is 100 percent safe to do...do not hit format bad idea,research your stuff before if your unsure...you can also do a command prompt for this but this is easier :)
this will take less than 1hr if there is nothing wrong....if summin is wrong it could take like 2-3 hourso_O it will fix automatically and you can watch it fix itself if you want :)

Last edited:
ok, you prodded me to get this thing out and turned on.
Toshiba Sattelite A215

following the network properties vid above, both IP and DNS are both already set as "obtain automatically"

I do notice in the sharing center it lists it as an "unidentified network" yet says the routers name ?
and hovering my pointer over the network icon (that doesn't show the world symbol) that it says
unidentified network...... (awks wi-fi) access: local only < exactly like that

could this lack of indentification be the problem ?

so i reset, disconnected/reconnected, ran the dignostics in properties, reset network adapter, and get new IP
(both listed for awks wi-fi)
switched back and forth between public and private networks types.

now when hovering mouse on network icon it says "identifying...awks wi-fi"

damn things having an identity crisis, LOL

cellphone screenshot after all that, all sharing options are on except printer
awks wifi.jpg

digging out an ethernet wire now to try hardwire connection again to do all updates :(
even though it had been connected as is at the other guys house ?

just watched this video, @ 3:20
I do not have "other devices" nor "ethernet/network controllers" in my device manager list ????

network adapter is: Atheros AR5007EG network adapter