Computer, Cell and Gaming Chatter

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
since my computer connectivity problem posts and the help i'm getting in the tavern has taken off, figured it's best we have our own thread for this and any future Computer, Cell and Gaming discussions.
all the posts from the tavern starting with my post below have been moved here, so we can discuss, get direct answers, and refer back to without sifting thru and /or cluttering the usual tavern chatter

a-ight speedy
i've already paid to have this fixed once.
fresh install of paid version of windows vista on toshiba laptop, repair disc ordered straight from toshiba.
everything baby azz fresh.
connects to my wi-fi, but local only, no internet.
all my other devices run flawlessly on this wi-fi signal.
took to repair man, he got it to connect to his wi-fi and showed me = $20
said it was in the firewall ?
bring it home, connects to my wi-fi but again, local only.
tried reinstall of drivers, installed wirelss router program and ran it thru, tried wi-fi fixer progs, no dice.
whats the dealio ?

connects to wireless router, but local only, no internet ?

Reactions: speedyslyder
a-ight speedy
fresh install of paid version of windows vista on toshiba laptop, repair disc ordered straight from toshiba.
all my other devices run flwlessly on this wi-fi signal.
tried reinstall of drivers, installed wirelss router program and ran it thru, tried wi-fi fixer progs, no dice.
whats the dealio ?

give me till tomorrow cuz im about to be kicked off internet for the night lol/..well chat:)

a-ight speedy
all my other devices run flawlessly on this wi-fi signal.
whats the dealio ?

Does restarting the router make any difference. Mines been acting up lately(might be part of the pic problem), but sometimes when a device connects I lose all internet, router still says I have it, but no devices do

Does restarting the router make any difference. Mines been acting up lately(might be part of the pic problem), but sometimes when a device connects I lose all internet, router still says I have it, but no devices do

nope, tried everything i can think of and googled, i'm not bad at this chit, i still have a 15+ year old PC running at my mothers :)
but this one has me stumped.

gotta be some setting on this toshiba i'm overlooking.
it connected when i first got it, but crashed when i cleaned all the garbage and viruses out of it. now fresh install and won't connect, sees the router but no wam bam for me :(

2 phones, this dell lappy and my girls 7" note4 all connected without problems

I'm guessing you prob tried wire connection

I did, and it didn't work either, been so long since i've worked a wired connection i kinda gave up to quick.
thinking the card is good cause the guy i paid had it connected at his house, I even came on BF to test it there.
reinstalled drivers for wireless and ethernet using a flash drive, says they're all good and working ?

i did try to connect it to my phone hotspot, same thing, sees it, connects, but local only :(

Strange that it worked at his house though. Idk, stumped for the moment. I'd try a few different places just to see. Might be something in router config that is clashing with ur firewall

Sup brotha,, Heard allot of probs with Vista and this happening.. Have you tried in safe mode? Did you use Norton?

Sup brotha,, Heard allot of probs with Vista and this happening.. Have you tried in safe mode? Did you use Norton?

first thing i do to any computer is get the F rid of norton, worst nazi take over program ever designed. :)
yes tried it all, safe mode, firewall off, ect. sumthin i'm overlooking ?

..Yeah , something stupid like always, bad ground or something.. :p lol ,, Just trying to eliminate some things here,, so tried booting in safe mode with networking?

this has zero virus programs on it right now, it's a fresh OS install.
gonna dig it out tomorrow and see what i can come up with, then we'll bang heads with it.

OUCH..!! Agree with ya on them.. As far as comp its prob something over looked like you said. A couple diff set of eyes can prob get you strait. Odd thing is the comp guy had it going fine you said then all a suddon nothing again..

OUCH..!! Agree with ya on them.. As far as comp its prob something over looked like you said. A couple diff set of eyes can prob get you strait. Odd thing is the comp guy had it going fine you said then all a suddon nothing again..

it worked at his house, but has never connected to internet here :(

Dig it out sometime and im sure between the bunch of us we can get it goin..

i'm about to print a bunch of shipping labels and you guys can pass it around like a cheap hoe till someone
teaches her to make a sammich correctly, then send her back home :)