Clutch problems

Blasterboy2

Mar 5, 2014
Folks I am new to the forum and glad I found it. I am having problems with the clutches in my sons Blaster. I have taken it all apart 3-4 times watched YouTube videos, have not lost the ball bearing inside the case but the clutch plates will not move when I try to adjust the lever and Nothing, if I touch the threaded rod for adjusting I can feel it tighten the nut and then nothing will happen. Looking for some help.

Make sure you have the cable hooked up right on the clutch arm, and its seated in the hook. Also make sure the lever is adjusted, the cable is good, and that your getting enough throw.

Make sure you have the cable hooked up right on the clutch arm, and its seated in the hook. Also make sure the lever is adjusted, the cable is good, and that your getting enough throw.
I adjusted the lever to the mark on the case as I have seen on the internet. It moves the lever and the pin back but the clutch plates do not move. Are the bolts and springs suppose to be tight

The springs are suppose to be tight. They're there to add resistance and move the plates close to each other when you let off the clutch, letting it engage. Maybe the actuator is worn itself. You can pull it out of the case and inspect it. Mine had a huge groove worn in it. Maybe the rod has mushroomed out and not giving you enough throw. I would inspect it.

Have you tried it with the cable connected. I have found it quite difficult to move the arm without the cable hooked up to it.
that /\

ball not welded to rod ?
did you get the 2 dots on the pressure plate and basket aligned ?

sounds like your rod adjustment method is off.... "turned until nut got tight" is not correct.
loosen nut, turn rod only while holding nut, until rods just touch inside, then tighten jamb nut to lock it in place, all done with actuator pointer held on case notch.

here's assembly vids, including proper rod adjustment....

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids-no-crank-puller-needed.51169/

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/blaster-clutch-assembly-vid.42901/