Clutch Problem Help!!!

matt75

May 26, 2009
Adams County Ohio
Okay i lost all pressure to the clutch. Anyways i got all the parts to rebuild the clutch linkage, cause i knew i would eventually need it.
Took the whole clutch apart and the push rod that connects to the pressure plate will not for nothing come out of the shaft. Im talking about the push rod thats on clutch side that pushes the ball to the other push rod. I had it out before it slid right out. Any advice? Or why is it stuck? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like everything welded together from lack of lube would be my guess.

Yep it sure did i finally got the thing out. Ya welded tight~! Unbelivable! I accidentally downshifted two gears and thats when it happened. Luckily i had another pushrod and bearing. I bought when i put in new clutch plates a while back. Back up and running now. Thanks for the help!

Yep it sure did i finally got the thing out. Ya welded tight~! Unbelivable! I accidentally downshifted two gears and thats when it happened. Luckily i had another pushrod and bearing. I bought when i put in new clutch plates a while back. Back up and running now. Thanks for the help!

Don't take this as a stupid question but did you put the little push rod ball back in when you did your clutch the last time? Or maybe you ran a little low on gear lube but when that happens the 6th gear bushing usually starts squealing.

Don't take this as a stupid question but did you put the little push rod ball back in when you did your clutch the last time? Or maybe you ran a little low on gear lube but when that happens the 6th gear bushing usually starts squealing.

Ya i definately put the ball back in. It was welded to the rod when i pulled it out.. I was running pretty hard that day when it happened. About 20 Miles straight running with a 400ex through some steep up and down dirt roads. Im pretty meticulous about keeping it lubed. I'm just wondering if the new heavy duty clutch springs had anything to do with it. Anyways thanks for the help.

Most of the time I see the pushrod/balls weld together is long coasting periods with the clutch pulled in. The stiff springs obviously will place a little more load on the assembly, but if ridden and maintained right I've not seen any issues. Best thing to do is ditch the stock clutch dissengagement adjuster in favor of a roller bearing style.
thumbnail.php

Most of the time I see the pushrod/balls weld together is long coasting periods with the clutch pulled in. The stiff springs obviously will place a little more load on the assembly, but if ridden and maintained right I've not seen any issues. Best thing to do is ditch the stock clutch dissengagement adjuster in favor of a roller bearing style.
thumbnail.php

I've seen a thrust bearing setup behind the pressure plate on other bikes. Is this available for the Blaster or Banshee?