clutch confusion

dlporkchop

Nov 20, 2009
Dinwiddie Va
I am installing a new clutch OEM. There is 7 friction plates incl. the friction plate 2. There is 6 clutch plates. The clymer manual calls for & shows each clutch plate to be 60 degrres off from each other, therefore no plate overlaps, but it shows every other tab on the clutch plate lining up with the friction plate tabs (high point) which is impossible since there is only 10 tabs on friction plate. I researched the forum and have read everything from 90 degrees (in which 2 would overlap), to installing them random in which i know is wrong. My fault for not paying attention before disassembly. Does anyone have the correct answer.
Thanks

Last edited:
Awsome man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best I've seen on the clutch! Yeah, the little ball is important, I used a magnet with a piece of clothes hanger!
Thanks a million!

i was told to do it the same way but before u install it have the new clutch friction plates n steels soak in gear saver therefore there is no cracking the first ride

uni, how bout posting up the proper spacing of these tabs and dots, for all to read??