clutch adjuster

trailripper1500

Feb 16, 2008
Hope Valley RI
i have had problems with my clutch adjuster for a good amount of time now and am sick of it. i'll be riding around for like ten minutes, and my pushrod nut will spin almost all the way off. then, i'll put it back together and it will run for another then minutes and do the same thing. i pics of the stuff that i have. i think there is supposed to be a nylon locknut or somethingto keep it from spinning off, and so does my cousin who looked at it to see why it would do that.

P9080071.jpg

this is what i got from bike bandit, but there is nothing behind the pressure plate to hold it in.

P9080072.jpg

this is the nut that i had bfore. the big washer segment would go behind the plate and screw onto the pushrod.

yea you should have another nut that screws in on the back side of the pressure plate. i bet the kit does not come with that and they assume you should have your old one.

IDK call them (who you bought it from) up and ask if it should have been in the kit.

i put the old one behind and new in front and it works great now. i did not lose any of my adjustment after riding for half an hour. now i just need new compression fittings for my brake lines! yay.