classes?

It depends on your series, most local races just run A, B, C. Hardly any tracks do 4 stroke and 2 stroke anymore. I would highly suggest you run C. There are sandbaggers in every class so dont get discouraged if you finish last. Racing is the most fun Ive ever had. You are going to be more nervous than you have ever been in your life waiting on that first gate drop, enjoy it!
Run C and see how you do, if you kick ass, run B the next race. Good luck!

At my track they have 2 stroke and 4 stroke classes still. BUT if i were you i would call the track and see. Im sure every track is alittle different. but im sure c would work out best for you. Thats prolly what i am going to enter in to.

Dont be discouraged from going to a national, its the time of year for it. The classes there are broken up into:

4 stroke C
4 stroke B
4stroke A
450 C
450 B
450 A
Production C
Production B
Production A
school boy
school boy jr
college boy
open C
open B
open A

Those are just some of the classes for full size quads. Dpending on your age, you could qualify for one of the school boy classes and run with the modded 300EX's and not have to deal with the 450's. Otherwise, as a general rule of thumb, the Open C class is slower than the rest. Obviously you could not not run 4 stroke or 450, but you COULD run production. Technically you arent supposed to run Open on a blaster, but I dont think anyone would flag you.
If you are going to do a local race and are still unsure what class to run, go watch a race to see how things are done.

Reactions: sicivicdude
I ynderstand that. But what I'm asking is if I run C class all the time, edventually I will get enough points to go up to b. idk where or how u know how many points u have tho. Also AMA says that once u go into a class. So like c, and if u move up to b, u vacant move down unless u really er ur ass kicked. And This race I'm running school boy. But my next race in wildwood I was thinking about running C. Depends go I do here.

Points have nothing to do with what class you run. Like stated before, run the beginner class and see how things go. I'd suggest entering one class and running it the entire year, wether its school boy or C.

The point of points is to determine what place you finish in the end of a series.

Lets say you get 10 points for 1st, 7 points for 2nd, 5 points for 3rd, etc.... 2 points just for finishing. If you show up to every race and collect your 2 points your will likely finish top 5 in the end of the series because a lot of racers dont run every single race in a series. If you finish 1st at the end of the series, you will be expected to move up a class. Dont worry about collecting so many points that you will be required to move up, thats not how it works.

The point of points is to determine what place you finish in the end of a series.

Lets say you get 10 points for 1st, 7 points for 2nd, 5 points for 3rd, etc.... 2 points just for finishing. If you show up to every race and collect your 2 points your will likely finish top 5 in the end of the series because a lot of racers dont run every single race in a series. If you finish 1st at the end of the series, you will be expected to move up a class. Dont worry about collecting so many points that you will be required to move up, thats not how it works.

ohh h ok i get it! so i ride at 3 different tracks. walden, ak farms, and wildwood. so say i get to most of waldens races so say like 3. and i finish the race and get my 2. if they have like 5 races i might finish top 5 at the end when their track closes? and that will be posted on their website?