Cheetah DM cylinder on a Blaster

Braptor, I remember that thread...

I don't think it was the case studs that came out but the cylinder tabs themselves that broke off the casting.

I mean, Cheetah cub cylinders are built for full out drag bikes putting out HP numbers into the 100's. I'm sure at some point the crankcase would come apart but it probably not at the 60HP mark.

That's true... I've never experimented with high HP drag engines myself, so IDK for sure. I know Banshees have no trouble putting out well over 100hp with the proper mods and they don't break cases, so time will tell if the Cheetah setup ever makes it onto a Blaster bottom end.

keep in mind your bottom end was designed around a 17hp entry level machine
trust me i build banshees ,the cub can use alot fo stock components and still run well the blaster wont have this luxury .youll need custom everything to make a DM topend to run right and stay reliable ,a hd clutch wont be good enough (need a lockout and new side cover)even the gears will be punished under that load the 4 small studs probably wont hold the power atleast not for long new large cr500 reed cage no off the shelf inframe pipe will work on it youll need a huge carb the list goes on ,you will not be able to cheap out or skip the required mods ,if you think the la sleeve kit is high in cost just wait cause in order for this to function correctly it will not be a cheap date,dont get me wrong *its a cool idea and would be a killer powerhouse ..and i hate to sound cynical but i cant see much market for a guy putting over 3+ grand in his blaster engine sure we all want to go fast but not too many are actually willing to drop that kind of change thats more than what most on here paid for their entire bike

Last edited: