Cheetah DM cylinder on a Blaster

revin-it02

Apr 29, 2010
I already posted this on E2S so some of you have already seen this... But damn show your support, it would be AWESOME.

Well some may know that the LA sleeve 240 is going up a huge amount of money in the near future, i didnt like that... so i contacted CP industries and have been on the phone with them for the past week about making something for the blaster.

I guess the blaster is starting to get more popular and the demand for high HP numbers is out there.. including from myself.

After speaking with the owner (Cal, ask for him) he thinks that they can take a 72 mil DM cylinder and cast it to fit on the blaster bottom end and use a DT200 water pump assembly to get the water flowing.

The crank would have to be a plus 4 stroker long rod (115) to be the same stroke as the port timing on the DM.

He also is thinking about making an air cooled version of this so that people dont have to go to a liquid cooled set up... OR offering an electric water pump kit to take care of the cooling aspect.

I also stressed that i would like a powervalve and he says it shouldn't be to hard to incorporate a vacuum actuated one (get rid of the DTs electrical).

Now this isnt a definite going into production thing yet, but they are developing something for the blaster (he just wont say what).

Show your support guys, this could be a chance to reach 250r power. I'm sure the more they hear people want it, the more easily it'll get built.

i think that doing the electric pump would b the easiest for availability. DT200 stuff can't be ordered from the dealers in the states

I saw this on E2S!! What is a DM cylinder???? I'd like to have a powervalve air cooled cylinder!!!!! I dont want the extra weight of the rad or water...

If somebody will make it, CP will. I've always wanted the "cream of the crop" cylinder and implementing a +4 crank as a necessity makes this even truer. I'd be willing to pay for it if they can make the cylinder work.

but its cp it will be costly probly but worth it find the record holding bikes they are running cp cylinders it will make amazing power

Uh oh that's gota be a pretty penny

moneys really not an issue, but you gotta pay to play my man

some of his 250r cylinders are at 65hp on 91, i def think a set up from him could easily push high 40s hell maybe even low 50s on race gas

some of his 250r cylinders are at 65hp on 91, i def think a set up from him could easily push high 40s hell maybe even low 50s on race gas

240 bore, 250R reed intake, triple exhaust, 4mm stroker, new transfer and exhaust port design. I'd say those numbers are quite possible with the right mods. I:I

why go 240?? why not like a 285 or 300?? i mean hell it would be awesome and more power add a 12 port setup new intake layout and so on a head with interchangeable domes for your setup it could be big if people are willing to spend

why go 240?? why not like a 285 or 300?? i mean hell it would be awesome and more power add a 12 port setup new intake layout and so on a head with interchangeable domes for your setup it could be big if people are willing to spend

the sky really is the limit here, its a surprising no companies have taken advantage of this huge gap in the aftermarket sector. i mean the blasters were the best selling ATV, why has nobody done this sooner, i mean i know it was never supposed to be a race bike but why cant it be?
someone could have made a fortune by now...

CP makes a 400 and 500+ kit for the R
The 400 kit make 80hp. The 500 over 100hp.

You could, but I wouldn't buy it if it went 300 or above. Combine added displacement with a +4 stroker and I wouldn't trust the life of the engine or the crank/bearings. The little bit of displacement doesn't make that much of a difference......at least not remotely as much as the port layout. I:I

You could, but I wouldn't buy it if it went 300 or above. Combine added displacement with a +4 stroker and I wouldn't trust the life of the engine or the crank/bearings. The little bit of displacement doesn't make that much of a difference......at least not remotely as much as the port layout. I:I

he was saying that if he can get a 78mil DM top end to fit with the long rod crank itd be a 309cc.

now thatd be pretty reliable if it was a liquid cooled cylinder... thats why i think we should push for it. theres only so much surface area that an air cooled top end can have before the heat build up out guns the convective heat transfer. this is why the old trinity motors used to over heat all day, they tried boring out a stock clylinder to its max without realizing that the stock fin design is pretty sh*tty. this is why the LA 240 looks different because it has a much more efficient fin design. having a liquid cooled setup allows for bigger cc which equals torque and thats what i want on the motorcross track

butttttttttt, id rather take a powervalve all day haha

he was saying that if he can get a 78mil DM top end to fit with the long rod crank itd be a 309cc.

now thatd be pretty reliable if it was a liquid cooled cylinder... thats why i think we should push for it. theres only so much surface area that an air cooled top end can have before the heat build up out guns the convective heat transfer. this is why the old trinity motors used to over heat all day, they tried boring out a stock clylinder to its max without realizing that the stock fin design is pretty sh*tty. this is why the LA 240 looks different because it has a much more efficient fin design. having a liquid cooled setup allows for bigger cc which equals torque and thats what i want on the motorcross track

butttttttttt, id rather take a powervalve all day haha

I just don't want an enormous bore on a tiny bottom end. Now if he is considering going larger and then upping it to 309cc with a long rod stroker setup, I can live with that no problem, although I still kind of have concerns about bearing life. Even so........I'd probably buy it. I:I

Yeah while the pv makes no difference in peak hp it sure does make it alot funner to ride. It's all about the torque curve.

I just don't want an enormous bore on a tiny bottom end. Now if he is considering going larger and then upping it to 309cc with a long rod stroker setup, I can live with that no problem, although I still kind of have concerns about bearing life. Even so........I'd probably buy it. I:I

I'm with LRD here... I'm all for high HP and performance, but your bottom end has to be able to handle it. I'd like to see somebody offer TZ style main bearings for the Blaster crank to help it cope with the extra load.

Another concern with massive HP on a Blaster bottom end is that one member on here was running a 6mil all-out drag Blaster engine a couple years ago, and he made so much HP (low 60's I think), that he ripped the cylinder studs right out of the case castings and broke his cylinder. Ouch. No matter how well an engine is built, you're still kinda limited on how much HP the physical engine case castings can handle.