CFM Airbox

recruiter101st

Apr 24, 2011
Champaign, il
I just purchased a CFM air box and Unifilter I am looking for some pictures of these things installed to get an idea of how to cut the old airbox out of the quad.
Any suggestions? I was thinking about using a jig saw?
Thanks guys

It should come with instructions on how to cut. I cut mine making sure I didn't cut any mounting tabs and made sure I left enuff to still lay on top of the frame for better support.

Just cut the airbox and tool area out leave the section that sits on the frame as dakota said- here is a pic of mine installed- I used a 4" cutting wheel, as i don't have a jigsaw. Made a clean cut!
air-box-001.jpg

I cut mine out with a dremmel. Only cut out along the top of the air airbox. These are my shee rears but its the same idea. Dont cut any mounting holes of and you will be set. You do also have to cut out the tool box and eliminate your oil injection tank if you have not done so already.
2978-latest-pics.jpg

just use a dremel with a cutting wheel it worked for me and cut in the same places they stated above. when i go my plastics it was cu out for a cfm and i think they used a jig saw and icleaanded it up with a dremel