Cfm Air box adaptor

76ranger

Mar 20, 2008
Garfield Hts, Ohio
My mom just bought me a Cfm airbox for my blaster. I have a 35mm air striker carb. I told her to get the boot that fits 33-35mm keihin carbs. I cant get the boot to go on for the love of god. How big is the outside of the 35mm carb where the air boot supposed to attach?

i had a hell of a time getting my boot to fit on my carb as well. i ended up taking a knife to the boot and shaved the edge of the boot at like a 45* angle. even after that it took alot of pushing, prodding and cussing to get it on but i finally got it to fit.

i like mine, the boxes are very sturdy and constructed really good. i also prefer the natural aluminum look of the cfm box. the price is nice too. just make sure you let them know what size carb you have so you get the right adapter boot. also, order the airfilter through them too. you can get either a k&n or a uni

Yeah, the provided boot is dumb, and a pain in the @ss!!! I perchased a carb kit at the same time that I put the CFM air box on; my carb kit came with a piece of hose that fit perfectly. My recomendation would be to just head on down to your local autoparts store and have them cut you off a piece of hose that will fit between the two, and pick up some hose clamps, if you don't already have clamps that will fit.

As for the Air Box it's self... I love it, anything is better than a stock box, damn squish style filters letting crap in :( clamp on filters all the way!!! (whatever brand you perfer, K&N for me). Plus, IMO, I like the look a lot better than the project blaster ones, I just find the CFM to look way cleaner. I did have to adjust the mounting point to fit my setup, but no big deal, just drilled a new hole in the side of the box... easy.

Last edited: