Carburetor questions???

bigcody24

Mar 27, 2016
I'm currently working on building my first blaster. When I got it, it was missing the carb and tors. I was just wondering on what route I should go as far as a carburetor. Has anyone had any experience with the carbs on ebay that are like $50 new??? Or should I look for a used oem or new/used mikuni? What model number mikuni? And what should I do about tors? Eliminate it I assume? Eliminating it will require a kit with the delete cap and idle screw correct?

Find a good used stock carb or new 26mm Mikuni. Do TORS elimination no matter what.

Avoid large carbs unless/until you have a FULLY built engine.

My motor will be .80 over, ported cylinder,vitos high compression head gasket,full toomey b1 exhaust, with probably vitos or boyesen reeds and possibly a vitos degree key

Ended up going with this carburetor. Oem blaster carb fresh rebuilt with tors eliminated

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-02-11-54-22-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-02-11-54-22-1.png
    854.3 KB · Views: 159
It will be fine !! I have full porting, Vito's reeds, Vito's Fat Bastard pipe, advanced timing, 3mil crank , stock carb and have never felt like I needed more top end. Thing is that I've given up enough bottom end , because of my porting , I don't know if I can give up añy more with a bigger carb. But if a deal came along I might try it just cause.
What did you pay for carb?

As to timing advance, I have a key in my son's Banshee that's not an issue. How ever you can easily mod the stock timing plate and get same advance for FREE !!

Reactions: bigcody24
It will be fine !! I have full porting, Vito's reeds, Vito's Fat Bastard pipe, advanced timing, 3mil crank , stock carb and have never felt like I needed more top end. Thing is that I've given up enough bottom end , because of my porting , I don't know if I can give up añy more with a bigger carb. But if a deal came along I might try it just cause.
What did you pay for carb?

As to timing advance, I have a key in my son's Banshee that's not an issue. How ever you can easily mod the stock timing plate and get same advance for FREE !!
Oh ok, thanks for the info. I ended up giving $100.00 for the carb shipped. Hopefully everything will come together nicely. I may have to look into the advance mod you're talking about to save that little bit of money. Everything helps. All these parts are starting to add up lol. The exhaust it's what's going to set me back the most.

Considering it's about $50 for the eliminator parts that's a decent price.
BTW, there are many others with built motor and stock carbs.

Considering it's about $50 for the eliminator parts that's a decent price.
BTW, there are many others with built motor and stock carbs.
Yeah I really didn't necessarily think stock carb would be an issue was just curious as to whether or not it was worth trying to save the money on the eBay generic carbs or not. But I figured not so I went with oem.