Carb screw issue

When you put the reeds back in you may need to use some hi temp Copper RTV to get a leak free seal.

Tension the bolts to 5.8 ft lbs diagonally and incrementally [a little bit on each at a time until full tension].

Warning do not over tighten or you may warp the cage and cause a leak.

FMF jetting info

FMF = #260 main jet.
Aftermarket air cleaner + 1 or 2 size larger.
Air box lid off +2
32:1 pre mix +1
Needle in the middle slot.
32.5 pilot jet
Plug chop to confirm, as temperature, elevation and humidity come into the equasion

Do a leak test before you start the engine.

14mqc1y.jpg
Please listen and do what Awk, others and I say, otherwise you will not have a working engine to fiddle with.

Obviously something is amiss and changing oil brands is not going to fix the issue.

I ran across this video. This is exactly what mine is doing just to give you an idea of what I'm going through

fouled plug, parking brake, TORS, reeds, and flywheel out of time, can all produce similar symptoms.
how many of those have you checked and ruled out ?

an airleak would have that thing screaming, not limiting the revs

fouled plug, parking brake, TORS, reeds, and flywheel out of time, can all produce similar symptoms.
how many of those have you checked and ruled out ?

an airleak would have that thing screaming
The plug. And as I stated I don't believe the parking brake works

If the parking brake was on wouldn't I have noticed?

Switches go bad from time to time. It has nothing to do with if the park brake works or not. I wouldnt have asked
If the park brake was on if i havent see this before.

With the help of the video you presented. It gives a better idea regarding common symptoms of limited rev. Starting with simple things first like checking the park brake switch and using the link Awk provided to delete.

It was a plug like the one that was pulled. If I eliminate the p-brake, do I HAVE to eliminate TORS as well. I know its recommended but after reading that article I'd rather someone else do that for me lol

It was a plug like the one that was pulled. If I eliminate the p-brake, do I HAVE to eliminate TORS as well. I know its recommended but after reading that article I'd rather someone else do that for me lol

i believe you can disable the parking brake without messing with the tors

I just took a look at the cable. The only thing I see is the cable runs from up at the clutch lever to the rear of the quad. Straight shot/ A spring back there looks to be stretched out/pulled

Ok, so the cable I followed to rear of atv was wrong cable. I followed the correct cable under hood. A lot of wiring. It was a white harness I unplugged? I hope that was correct