Carb screw issue

jlgray81

Feb 23, 2014
Columbia, Tn
I'm pretty new to this quad so bear with me..I'm not that knowledgeable about it! I need the name for a screw on the carb. It's on the backside near the foot brake. I was told it was an air screw. It's sucking air in right now because a screw is missing and I hope it will fix my problem. It won't take any throttle at all right now. I'd like to know the name of the screw and where I could purchase one. Thanks!

There's no screw on that side of the carb. The air screw is on the shifter side. The "screw" you may be referring to is actually a type of Welsh plug for the slide guide pin. this plug is peed in place.

Can you take a pic of this "screw"?

we need pics, or for you to identify it in this schematic

YA-20050000019745.gif

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmo...ter-200-yfs200t-carburetor/o/m145449sch295435

There's no screw on that side of the carb. The air screw is on the shifter side. The "screw" you may be referring to is actually a type of Welsh plug for the slide guide pin. this plug is peed in place.

I was just looking at carbs like mine on eBay and noticed that this 'hole' doesn't have a screw or anything. Its just empty. So I have no clue what my problem is now

Obviously I cant reply how I want lol. New to all this. According to that photo I can't pinpoint the opening I'm referring to. How can I add a photo on here and I can show you. As I said though, now that I looked at other carbs I've noticed that this opening doesn't have anything in it

This is how it all started...The boy I got it from said he used amsoil as his mix...first couple days it rode great...I added some mix I had which to be honest I think was briggs an Stratton (sp)...that's when it all started...It would bog down while riding..wouldn't take throttle...If you pushed throttle it would die..if you didn't push throttle it would die within a few seconds...after 3-4 kicks it would crank back up and run again like it never happened..did that for a couple days...Then yesterday it started up but wouldn't take throttle at all...couldn't even ride it....so today we took carb off and cleaned it..didn't fix it...we put in a new plug and that didn't fix it neither

Untitled gggg.jpg

1. oil injection port, must be blocked off if injection is deleted and mixing your fuel (1/8" vaccuum cap)
2, vent line down below carb to open air
3. nothing, not open into carb body
4. nothing, not open into carb body

I didn't see a line. Only loose line I seen was coming off the top of the case that's near the foot brake. There are two lines and one is just loose. Has fluid on end of line. Its a 2004. But I BELIEVE the carb is an older carb.

Looking at the photo above it would be #3

Also...we noticed that air is being pushed out at the filter covering under the seat...we removed the seat and theres a plastic covering with about 8 dime sized holes. Air was being pushed out of those. I thought it should be taking air IN

Also...we noticed that air is being pushed out at the filter covering under the seat...we removed the seat and theres a plastic covering with about 8 dime sized holes. Air was being pushed out of those. I thought it should be taking air IN
The PO did a air box hole mod, does it have an aftermarket exhaust?

The PO did a air box hole mod, does it have after exhaust?

sounds like you have a broken reed, thats the only way air could be getting pushed back out thru the carb and filter