Carb Issues Wont idle.

Norm43920

Feb 11, 2010
Ohio
So ne and my buddy took the carbs of the blasters today.Took em all apart and cleaned them both actually didnt look to bad .. Got the 97 all back togeather and hooked the gas up. Turn it on and is just pissed gas out the bleader so we messed with that for a while and finally got it to stop up.. Kicked it and it fired right up like it has never before. But it wont Idle. We turned the fuel air screw and got it running good but it still wont idle.. Isnt there a idle screw? lol Im not very good with carbs yet and I even had the Manuel printed and sitting in front of me llmao

The gas was totally drained from the tank and filled with 93 32/1 Also just cleaned the carb. Any tips would be greatly appreciated I:I

Also Im kinda curious about this too His carb (exact same minuki as mine) Had a plastic peice in the float chamber around the 230 jet what is this for? Mine dosent have it and runs fine.

not totally sure on the plastic piece, mine has one too. do you still have the tors? if you do , the idle screw is on that, pull the seat and you'll see a bit screw head with a slot in it. that's the idle screw, if you have eliminated that cap, then you need to put an idle screw in the carb.

Reactions: Norm43920
not totally sure on the plastic piece, mine has one too. do you still have the tors? if you do , the idle screw is on that, pull the seat and you'll see a bit screw head with a slot in it. that's the idle screw, if you have eliminated that cap, then you need to put an idle screw in the carb.

Im pretty sure the tors is removed but Im not sure on how well the job was completed. He has 2 open holes in his carb mine have screws in the same hole. It has the big box thing ontop of the carb if that is what ya mean.. I seen a nice sized flathead screw under the snorkel flap would this be it then?

Cool Deal. I never had to adjust my 96 it runs smooth and idles right out after its warm and somtimes when its not... Ill get her fired up and see what happens.. Any Idea if it goes clockwise or counterclockwise ? Im gonna put the carb back on the 96 today and install the new air filter :D Still waitin to hear from this ant dude who said he would send me some handlebars for shipping. Idk how thats gonna go yet. But thanks for the tips guys +Rep :D

Cool Deal. I never had to adjust my 96 it runs smooth and idles right out after its warm and somtimes when its not... Ill get her fired up and see what happens.. Any Idea if it goes clockwise or counterclockwise ? Im gonna put the carb back on the 96 today and install the new air filter :D Still waitin to hear from this ant dude who said he would send me some handlebars for shipping. Idk how thats gonna go yet. But thanks for the tips guys +Rep :D

Clockwise to increase idle speed on TORS head...

Reactions: Norm43920