Cant find neutral

Myblasterisblue

Oct 22, 2012
Tucson az
Today i put in a new tusk heavy duty clutch. I didnt touch any.of the gears but now I cant put it in neutral when its running. I used yamalube and adjusted my clutch as necessary. Any help would be appreciated

How much time have you got on it? Did you inspect the clutchbasket for grooves?

It could be that the plates are dragging even with the clutch pulled.

if you didn't soak these clutch discs in oil before installing them they could be sticking. also if you didn't alighn the pressure plate with the clutch boss alighnment dot your clutch will not work

I installed the same clutch. Only soaked the plates while I was taking the old one out, not 24 hours. I did however file down some grooves in the basket and I can hit neutral super easy. were you able to get into neutral before?

I soaked them for over 24 hours and I aligned the dot. I installed the same clutch on my other blaster and I had no problems. And I was able to find neutral before but my clutch was slipping so bad I couldnt hardly go anywhere

Well I need a new clutch basket. I pulled my cover back off and my clutch basket is cracked. I was able to pull pieces of it off with my fingers. I spent too much on my clutch and reeds so I cant afford a basket now. Guess I dont ride for a while

ummmmmmmm why is the basket broken???? and how is it broken?????? clutch baskets wear out at the rivet point but don't just break. what did you do?

Its nothing I did. the guy I bought it from rigged so much stuff on this blaster. He had the exhaust held on by bailing wire, jb weld on the bottom of the case cuz the gasket went bad, solicone on the reed gaskets instead of gaskets, bent nails as cotter pins on suspension parts, when i pulled the pressure plate off , the screws holding it on werent even tight. No hose clamps on the carb or intake tube. So mich stuff that i had to fix so far. I have no clue how the basket broke.