Can I use K&N air filter oil on a uni filter?

Blaster72

Jun 30, 2011
Nebraska
I'm curious how some of you clean and oil air filters. I'm getting a toomey pipe kit that comes with a new uni filter. I figured that the filter will need to be oiled before installation. I used to be able to air filter oil in an aerosol can but I can only find K&N filter oil. I'm curious if I can use KN on a uni filter without causing any problems. I did a forum search and couldn't find anything. Hope someone can help.

You sure can....even motor oil will work when you're in a pinch.

Good luck!

I use about an ounce or 2 of my dominator oil and really rub it in with my fingers. So you should be perfectly fine.I:I

you should only use AIR FILTER oil on you airfilter
premix and motor oil isnt thick enough or isnt tacky enough to stop the stuff that airfilter oil does

In all honesty you should pick up a outerwears filter wrap for the best protection . But yes any oil intended for air filters is fine . I have a can of the pj1 aerosol , love it I won't use anything else

you should only use AIR FILTER oil on you airfilter
premix and motor oil isnt thick enough or isnt tacky enough to stop the stuff that airfilter oil does

what he said....i wouldnt use the k&n it's not intended for foam filters

Thanks for all the quick info. I was able to find PJ1 locally for foam filters. Can't wait to get the toomey pipe kit.