broken reed - not starting

XSkater2099

Oct 6, 2008
When I was fixing the blaster starting issue I found that I had a broken reed, so I replaced it but was never able to find the piece that came off. I started after fixing the reed and I kicked right over and ran great. Rode it for a bit still good. Then I parked it and went somewhere and when I went to ride it again it started up and ran great, then I got half way down the trail and it bogged out and died. Couldn't get it going again after that. I am thinking the reed found its way into some and blocked it. Could this happen? A buddy told me its prob in the exhaust port, but I haven't taken it apart yet, just looking for suggestions. Could it be stuck or is this something else? Could that reed have done damage to anything in the head? Thanks.

reeds r so flimsy that the compression its going to disinigrate it as soon as it breaks and will blow it right out the exhaust port. especially after a rebuild its gunna shoot it right out. and i wouldnt worry about it doing much damage to anything seeing its only a thin peice of plastic.

when i found out my reeds were shot and i was missing one of the pedals it got blown right out of the motor(i disassembled it just to be sure)...but i never had a problem since i replaced them.....check your plug, if that looks ok(there are threads on here to tell u what it should look like) then i would go through your carb....one little piece of dirt can cause it not to run....keep us posted

after tearing the stupid thing down to nothing, and putting it back together, i decided to check the flywheel, since that was the only thing left, well the key had broken off and caused the flywheel to loosen it self up and spin freely. changed the key and bam, works perfect! man, i just want to ride the damn thing more than an hour with out something getting screwy.

I didn't think to check the reeds, but here's my problem.
When I bought my 03 Blaster it was seized, So instead of playing around I sent the bike out to get rebuilt bottom up. My guess is (oil injection failure) so befor riding it I installed a block off kit and mixed up 40:1 So far everything was running very nice.
I had rode it all winter and into this summer with zero problems. This bike was the best running of all three Yamaha's I have.

So after leaving it outside over 3 nights the problem started. It had rained some but I really don't feel that it caused this problem, IDK... that's why Im here

The bike kicks over but when I give it throttle it stalls out. It seems like it wants to rev up but cant. I've since: Changed the plug, drained the tank & replace w/ a fresh mix of 40:1, cleaned the carb, by-passed the TORE's system (which in my opinion was stupid)
blew out the air intake and box... It doesn't backfire or stall itself out or ever sound bad when it's idling just when you start to throttle it a little or a lot doesn't matter just wants to stall =(

Blaster bogging out problem solved here - Solved TY brandoz!! Thats what it was and ya solved it in one sentance... Impressed and very much happy.

well first thing you do is give brandonz28 some rep points for fixin your problem and not tearing you a new one for hijacking this tread. lol

well first thing you do is give brandonz28 some rep points for fixin your problem and not tearing you a new one for hijacking this tread. lol

It looked like the thread was just about solved but I did click on the little "red circle" w/ the dot in the middle after brandonz28 solved my issue there.

Im very new to using threads so I have no clue how to get around very well in here. How do I ask a question that I think pertains to what im reading in a thread w/out "high jacking" it?

should I look for the thread for learning threads lol I just have many things I have to get thru w/ a couple bikes and not much time to perfect my edicate in here, I'll try to keep it real and not step on anyone if ya can bear with me a little. Thanks for the heads up ;)

It looked like the thread was just about solved but I did click on the little "red circle" w/ the dot in the middle after brandonz28 solved my issue there.

Im very new to using threads so I have no clue how to get around very well in here. How do I ask a question that I think pertains to what im reading in a thread w/out "high jacking" it?

should I look for the thread for learning threads lol I just have many things I have to get thru w/ a couple bikes and not much time to perfect my edicate in here, I'll try to keep it real and not step on anyone if ya can bear with me a little. Thanks for the heads up ;)

you can jsut start your own thread by hitting the new topic button. that way you can describe exactly what YOUR problem is and everyone can focus better lol I:I

:p
you can jsut start your own thread by hitting the new topic button. that way you can describe exactly what YOUR problem is and everyone can focus better lol I:I

Ook Thats how it's done..? I just thought I'd look for some simular symptoms and zoom in to that artical rather then creating more scatter. I was indeed in the wrong thread though. lol thanks Super