Break in help!

BlasterMaster15

Jan 23, 2011
New jersey
ok heres the problem, im rebuilding my top end real soon and i no i need to break it in. the problem is if i do the 15 minutes ride, 30 rest 15, 30, 15, 30 and so on the cops will be on my ass before you can say break in. any tips?

let it idle till it gets warmed up once at home, let it cool. then take an easy ride around after it warms up the next time, let it cool. then retourq all your head and jug nuts and your ready to ride. thats what i do but some may do it differently.... how do you normally ride without getting the cops called?

let it idle till it gets warmed up once at home, let it cool. then take an easy ride around after it warms up the next time, let it cool. then retourq all your head and jug nuts and your ready to ride. thats what i do but some may do it differently.... how do you normally ride without getting the cops called?

Pretty much how I do it....2 heat cycles, retorque and let her rip...just no long wide open runs for a while

breaking in an engine isnt nearly as intensive as everyone tends to think. all you are really doing is heating up the engine, so you can re-torque the bolts, and giving the rings a chance to settle in so they dont damage the cylinder

lots of people dont break them in properly but if you have a problem and someone else built it they will blame it on breaking it in and give you no kind of warranty. i do however beleive that warming it up and letting it cool and retourqing the head and jug studs is a must as i have blown a headgasket from not doing this procedure