borted blaster vs trx250r

But like you guys were saying the price of R's... I got my R for 1200 but it was a pieceeeeeeeee, it ran good but there was a crack in the radiator so the piston went days after my purchase, I rebuilt the topend, painted the frame up all purty, and ordered a bunch of new ishhh. I have close to 2000 in it now and I'm still not done... But when its all done its gonna be a nice bike. Long term project is to eventually get another frame that is not dinged up in anyway, with a title, and have it pc'd.

this dang video has been around forever and although its probably already been said, i didn't read through it all, i just wanted to say that i have both a blaster and r, and the blaster feels like toy, i don't even see a 240 blaster keeping up with a good running stock r, but like i said thats just my opinion

dude that kid on the r was short shifting and NEVER got it up on the pipe..dont get me wrong there are some fast blasters out there but im sorry my stock r walked over any blaster with a pipe, and reeds. theirs a reason the R was the sickest bike made, and IMO my 2 atc's would walk any trx stock for stock anyday of the week.

i agree 250r`s are the baddest bikes ever made. i want one so bad, but i dont have funds. a while back there was one near me for sale with a 310 stroker kit for 5500 but it was sold quick.and 250ex`s are slow. i raced one when my blaster ran and he didnt stand a chance. but you got what you got i guess

i agree 250r`s are the baddest bikes ever made. i want one so bad, but i dont have funds. a while back there was one near me for sale with a 310 stroker kit for 5500 but it was sold quick.and 250ex`s are slow. i raced one when my blaster ran and he didnt stand a chance. but you got what you got i guess

5500 for a310 R??? to much.. buddy of mine bought one with lrd 350 power valve motor, big bore lrd pipe 39 air stryker, aftermarket frame, and swinger, long travel set up, long travel arms with ?? shocks.. full race plastics, bead locks all around... 5gs

I'm guessing the ATC has the same 250r motor so for a grand it's probably a good deal?

1984 HONDA ATC 250 R

I guess I'll email the guy and see if he has the papers so I can ship it home from honolulu I'll be there tuesday so I could go pick it up :D

edit: emailed the guy to see if he got papers and if it runs fine :D may be picking that bad boy up early next week. figure worst case scenario I could find a suitable chassis to turn it into a quad (not a big 3 wheeler fan only rode one once years ago and I think it's a little harder to trail ride and jump)

I'm guessing the ATC has the same 250r motor so for a grand it's probably a good deal?

1984 HONDA ATC 250 R

I guess I'll email the guy and see if he has the papers so I can ship it home from honolulu I'll be there tuesday so I could go pick it up :D

edit: emailed the guy to see if he got papers and if it runs fine :D may be picking that bad boy up early next week. figure worst case scenario I could find a suitable chassis to turn it into a quad (not a big 3 wheeler fan only rode one once years ago and I think it's a little harder to trail ride and jump)

Motor for an '84 atc is different then the trx motors. You need to find an '85-86 atc motor. Those are the same as the trx motors