borted blaster vs trx250r

so.. that's a fast blaster I take it? I clearly have no idea but kinda thought a blaster was a entry level sport atv and a darn good one at that? what all would one need to get a blaster to that level? some porting from the big 3? I have FMF pipes and to my understanding they suck... is that a crappy/average joe blaster and a good one will beat a 250r? and lastly, whats the diff between a trx250ex and trx250r? I assume R is race.. but is the ex crappy? a guy locally has an ex that needs a new frame so I'm wondering if it's worth what he wants for it.. I never looked at one but thought the ex was a 4 stroke newer atv... that 250 sounded like a 2 stroke to me...

so.. that's a fast blaster I take it? I clearly have no idea but kinda thought a blaster was a entry level sport atv and a darn good one at that? what all would one need to get a blaster to that level? some porting from the big 3? I have FMF pipes and to my understanding they suck... is that a crappy/average joe blaster and a good one will beat a 250r? and lastly, whats the diff between a trx250ex and trx250r? I assume R is race.. but is the ex crappy? a guy locally has an ex that needs a new frame so I'm wondering if it's worth what he wants for it.. I never looked at one but thought the ex was a 4 stroke newer atv... that 250 sounded like a 2 stroke to me...[/

Dude dont buy a 250ex there one of the slowest quads out there. a trx250r is a liquid cooled 2 stroke race bike that competes with 450s. a 250ex is a dressed up utility 4 wheeler that tops out at like 45mph.

WHAT HE SAID^^^^

the 250r is pretty much king of the quads.... dirt wheels? tested it agaikn a new 450r and they were pretty much equllay comparable.. even though the 250r was 20 years older

that vid if i reember right, its got s fmf pipe, porting by flotec, timing advance, carb??

WHAT HE SAID^^^^

the 250r is pretty much king of the quads.... dirt wheels? tested it agaikn a new 450r and they were pretty much equllay comparable.. even though the 250r was 20 years older

that vid if i reember right, its got s fmf pipe, porting by flotec, timing advance, carb??

C'mon guys, the TRX250 is a good quad! I love my 250 Recon (same thing with shaft drive though) What would I pull my 60" mower deck around with if not for the 'ol Honda? :D

Look at it this way if both have equal amonts of work the 250r will win each time, even if your blaster may be 5mph faster the R will out handle you each time...
Thats my veiw point..
In that vid both quads were in a high state of tune, I'm not sure if ky had the R ported by 5-o-nick yet, but none the less both were decently modded... but the blaster had more work then the R... probbnly more money too...
C'mon guys, the TRX250 is a good quad! I love my 250 Recon (same thing with shaft drive though) What would I pull my 60" mower deck around with if not for the 'ol Honda? :D
I think your thinking of the 250ex.. Big difference from a 250r

Yea blaster had work done. But look how good it runs with a fmf pipe. Yes the R will put handle it any day of the week. I love 250r's but not in my reach right now.. I should have bought one instead of that 400ex..... And your 250 rincon with shaft drive is the Same as the 250ex just diff plastics. Lol..... I posted that vid to show a stock bore blaster can boogie!

same here I:I
I can't find any though... and if I do I its $3000+ and I have to drive 300 miles.... :(

One day I'd like to build one peice by peice....

Also why do you keep saying its a fmf pipe 4cfed? look at it, its a power prows.

Yea i saw the other videos and that definately not a fmf pipe.(blaster wheelies video)

WHAT HE SAID^^^^

if you go to the blaster wheelies video that they have, it says that it has a 3mm stroker crank. but still that blaster does give the R a nice run for its money. i wish i had the money to make mine that fast haha

I want to f*cking ride! :( I need chain sliders, antifreeze, steering stem bearing and bushings, and an airfilter for my r. Thing is coming along nice but not all that fast.