Bore Size piston

dzeolla87

Oct 19, 2009
Plum Boro, PA
I have bad piston so obviously I'll need new piston and bore job, and my piston size is stock, but question is how big should I go? full bore .080 240cc? or just go 1 size up? .010 and that will be 205cc? any power difference?

Only go up the minimal amount. You don't want to max out your cylinder where there are no bores left. You won't get any power difference from boring, a better piston will help though.

.080 is not 240cc.... There is a chart "bore size to cc's" that relates bore size to displacement.

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/cylinder-bore-ccs-23137/

.080 is only 207cc on a stock crank. Obviously, there isn't much to be had punching a factory bore 195cc's out to 207cc's. Add to that, not having any more rebuilds left and you didn't gain much but you lost a whole lot.

If you are mechanically inclined, measure your bore and order the next oversized piston to fit and carry to a local machine shop and have them bore, hone, and chamfer the ports for you and put it all back together. If not, take your top end off and carry it with your current piston to a local machine shop to have them measure it for the next oversize. Most will even order you a piston set so you don't have to do anything but pay them when all of the stuff comes in and is done. Then drop the new overbored top end back onto your bottom end and you're good to go. :)

yes, i recommend the wiseco, they make a GREAT piston, probably be what i use when i put together my nitrous motor for my drag car

and that's what i run in my blasty as well

I"m seeing a lot of different prices on piston, is it because of brand names like wiseco, namura, WSM Platinum

if u keep the bore under a .060 over the weisco piston kits on ebay are cheaper for some reason....once u go over that the price jumps up on them, anybody else notice that too

if u keep the bore under a .060 over the weisco piston kits on ebay are cheaper for some reason....once u go over that the price jumps up on them, anybody else notice that too

I think the price goes up because they use more material to make the piston. It's like that with most pistons. Full retail price changes $11.

0.020 usually cleans up most damage, 0.010 isnt very much if you just had excess piston to side wall clearance then 0.010 might work, but grooves or gauges will likely not clean up.

looks like the ring snagged one of the side transfer ports....id go with the .20 over and make sure that the ports get chamfered (smoothing out the sharp edges from fresh cutting bore)