Boared .90 over good idea?

whats it bored at now? if you can just get by with honing it that would be your best option. if your just looking for a little extra power its not a good idea. in conclusion i dont think IMO that boring it 90 over is a good idea. once again In My Opinion.

This gets asked all the time.
Preserve your cylinder!
Like freek said there is very little gained by overboreing a stock jug.

The only gain would be from more cc's. I did some math and this is what I came up with;

Stock 66mm bore blaster x 57mm stroke = 195cc
68.25mm bore x 57mm stroke = 208.5cc
Stock 66mm bore x 60mm stroke ( +3 stroker crank ) = 205cc
68.25mm bore x 60mm stroke = 219.5cc (almost 25cc over stock!)

This is the formula
bore x bore x stroke x .0031416 divided by 4 = cc

I building a 68.25 now. Not for power, just because it's the only extra cylinder I have and I want to try some new porting numbers. I'll be the first one to tell you if it overheats. The piston was like $100 for a Wiseco.

The only gain would be from more cc's. I did some math and this is what I came up with;

Stock 66mm bore blaster x 57mm stroke = 195cc
68.25mm bore x 57mm stroke = 208.5cc
Stock 66mm bore x 60mm stroke ( +3 stroker crank ) = 205cc
68.25mm bore x 60mm stroke = 219.5cc (almost 25cc over stock!)

This is the formula
bore x bore x stroke x .0031416 divided by 4 = cc

I building a 68.25 now. Not for power, just because it's the only extra cylinder I have and I want to try some new porting numbers. I'll be the first one to tell you if it overheats. The piston was like $100 for a Wiseco.

thats usefull, i gave you some rep

guys if i gain the 25cc a i not going to notice that and what is the worst thing that could happen with .90 over

guys if i gain the 25cc a i not going to notice that and what is the worst thing that could happen with .90 over

the 25cc gain is with a stroker crank

worst case: it may have issues with overheating. and when your piston does go, and scratches the cylinder wall, you'll need to get the cylinder re-sleeved b/c you can't bore it any farther

If you go .090 over you will not see much of a power gain.If you do that,next time your top end blows then you mine as well buy a used cyinder or resleeve that one.Don't overbore for more power.You should try and preserve your cylinder.Good thing to do is get a compression tester and keep an eye on your comp every once in awhile.When it starts to get dramatically lower then go get it honed and get another piston kit.Only bore if it has to be unless you have deep pockets.There are many mods that are much more cost effective than trying this and have better performance gains.

i'm 90 over for 6 months with no problems i put on the air scoops to help with overheating , i went that big out of nasesaty because it had been bored to 68 before i bought it new rings in the spring i'd like to think i'll get a nother season out of it

Like everyone told you, just go next size bore. Boring to the limit in the lil blaster motor wont give you noticeble power.

In my opinion people think that boring will give you more power cuz when they ride on an old bore you wont have the same compression as a brand new top end and thats all the difference they feel. No power gains!!! how many more people have to say it for you to understand?

What are people doing with the big bore 240 kits when the head is past serive limits. Are the Big Bore Vito's capable of being bored out .10-.90 over? If so does Wiseco make pistons-or Vito's?