BlasterBruce DIY Port & Polish Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Brando^ , Yeah that was started back in 2003-04 and Didn't touch it since the day I posted the pics, The Head mod I did around the Same time , Keep An Eye out For a New Build If this guy shows up with my parts blaster !

Well they guy Showed up and I bought the Parts Blaster , Most have seen the Thread I Made about it , Did Some more work to my (home) Head Mod , Only took some polish and hit it for a Few mins , Will be taking some more pics later today !

If you got the nerve to try it why not try kens porting vids?

He makes it LOOK easy enough.

Then its a DIY project instead of some backwoods country ass bumpkin sh*t lol

If you got the nerve to try it why not try kens porting vids?

He makes it LOOK easy enough.

Then its a DIY project instead of some backwoods country ass bumpkin sh*t lol

I watched his videos after i did all of this , Mind you I did this before I was a member here or knew that anyone else was even porting or polishing on blaster's yet , The first post says everything about what I've done , I started this about 8 years ago and have not touched the intake or exhaust side since , the Head I cleaned up some and put some polish on but have not touched in 8 years , this was my first attempt at any porting polishing or cleaning up a 2 stroke cyl

It was meant to be backwoods Country ass Bumpkin sh*t !

Well i haven't done anything to the old jug minus move it around here lately , Think i might try and fix some of the ugly parts on it and see what happens , its my Practice porting job , I will probably never run it , its just learning experience and trial and error , This is my Diy at home job , will be doing more soon

Did you take the lip off of the sleeve on the exhaust port? You have good pictures I just can't really tell because the lip is only around 1mm.

No i did not raise or lower any ports inside the cylinder area , i only changed the curve in the intake side and cleaned the casting flaws from the exhaust side , When i get the tools i need to finish what i would like to do , when I'm done it should be similar to the sport port design , I may buy the templates that KOR recommends and try that out to see how far im off !

Well I Got Bored Tonight !
DSCF6625.jpg

DSCF6636.jpg

Unfinished , First Try At Boyesen Ports !

see this is why i wouldnt mind trying this on another cylinder at my house glad i ran across this good work maybe ill be able to try it soon if funds allow

see this is why i wouldnt mind trying this on another cylinder at my house glad i ran across this good work maybe ill be able to try it soon if funds allow

Snag you up a Stock Cyl and Start Playing man ! , Worst thing that Can Happen Is you blow out the Side of the Cyl or you Damage the Sleeve , Either Way Its Learning tools and Practice !

Thanks Slick ! , All this Talk on Boyesen Ports Recently Is the Reason why I decided to try it out , Its Really not hard ,But Mine are For sure off From each other but I guess that's why Its My DIY Cyl !

I leave those things to the pros! Cause if someone could f it up it would be me! I can see the rage now as i blow through the jug, it gets toss through the garage door hits the old dog layin in the grass and kills her! That is the kind of luck I have!

I give you DIY'rs credit for wanting to learn, I like to read and watch, i learn best by watching!

I leave those things to the pros! Cause if someone could f it up it would be me! I can see the rage now as i blow through the jug, it gets toss through the garage door hits the old dog layin in the grass and kills her! That is the kind of luck I have!

I give you DIY'rs credit for wanting to learn, I like to read and watch, i learn best by watching!

Haha , Well Its Really not hard to do Port work , Did my First set of Sbc 350 heads @ 13 yrs old , So I figured when I was 16-17 Porting this Stock Cyl would be a Snap , Not as Easy as I thought , But its not hard to take your time and Be Patient with it !

I watched the KOR videos and gave it a go a little while ago with a Dremel!
Didn't go crazy but took a fair bit of material out of the exhaust side, knife edged the intake and transfers.. Made a fair bit of difference :D

Have currently got my head at work with me and have rechambered it according to some specs I found here (11° with 50% squish and about 22cc with a nice toroidal dome)

Am looking forward to bolting it up when I get home I:I

Bottom line is that basic porting isn't hard and will be reasonably forgiving if it's not perfect (port timing will def be more sensitive though!)
My work so far has taken me about 7 hours to do the head and cylinder but it's cost me nothing and the gains are pretty big which is a big win in my opinion!!

Don't be scared and have fun doing it, free HP is the best kind!!

I'm in Australia and blasters aren't very common here so finding cheap replacement parts is near on impossible!! X( I wish shipping was cheaper!!

Didn't go crazy but took a fair bit of material out of the exhaust side, knife edged the intake and transfers.. Made a fair bit of difference :D

Have currently got my head at work with me and have rechambered it according to some specs I found here (11° with 50% squish and about 22cc with a nice toroidal dome)

Bottom line is that basic porting isn't hard and will be reasonably forgiving if it's not perfect (port timing will def be more sensitive though!)
My work so far has taken me about 7 hours to do the head and cylinder but it's cost me nothing and the gains are pretty big which is a big win in my opinion!!

I'm in Australia and blasters aren't very common here so finding cheap replacement parts is near on impossible!! X( I wish shipping was cheaper!!

Nice sounds good !

I have not Used these parts yet and Will Eventually down the road when more time , money and Patience allows , Thanks for the Input !

You think the porting helped wait till you put that head on!

Yeah I keep reading that the head rechamber nets really good gains!
I work away and won't get to test it for about 2 weeks.. Talk about an anxious wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.