blaster wont start. plz help

whited94

Feb 16, 2011
ok, i got a 1994 yamaha blaster with 240 bbk in it. the kickstart lever wont go down to turn the engine. and i took the cylinder off and tried pulling on the piston and pushing on it and it wudnt budge. ive been told its a rod bearing or crankshaft bearing. can anyone help me out on wat it is? i dont have money to throw around on parts i dont need and want to get it going

ok, i got a 1994 yamaha blaster with 240 bbk in it. the kickstart lever wont go down to turn the engine. and i took the cylinder off and tried pulling on the piston and pushing on it and it wudnt budge. ive been told its a rod bearing or crankshaft bearing. can anyone help me out on wat it is? i dont have money to throw around on parts i dont need and want to get it going

take the cylinder off too and then you will be able to get a look at the crank and see whats wrong. but yeah sounds like lower end bearings or main crank bearings. but its possible something is just jammed in there too so you need to look.

The problem could be a number of things...You first step should be to pull the actual cylinder jug off the engine, if you havent already done so. I mean, do you have just a naked piston and rod in your hand and it is seized, or does the piston not move up and down in the cylinder when looking at it with the head removed?

Either way, I'm gonna guess that the piston is seized in the cylinder from overheating and/or lack of lube. Gonna have to check this out a little more. Post some pics of what you find, and we can help you diagnose what went wrong...

i had the jug completely off of the engine. i grabbed thje piston and tried pushing and pulling on it and it wudnt budge. i cudnt see anything in the crankcase that wud cause it.

i had the jug completely off of the engine. i grabbed thje piston and tried pushing and pulling on it and it wudnt budge. i cudnt see anything in the crankcase that wud cause it.

well then it sounds like your crank and main bearings are hosed... time to rip that sh*t apart!! lol

and it was just a naked piston and rod. and it dont matter if the piston is in the cylinder or of the cylinder is off. it still wont move.and the cylinder came off easily. i mean it was a tight fit, bit didnt seem to be stuck

and it was just a naked piston and rod. and it dont matter if the piston is in the cylinder or of the cylinder is off. it still wont move.and the cylinder came off easily. i mean it was a tight fit, bit didnt seem to be stuck

crank and bearings!! lol

where are my main bearings? not to familiar on inside of engines

they hold the crank in the cases, unfortunately the cases need to be split to fix this problem. but if i were you i would consider getting a +3 stroker crank and getting the jug ported to match while its getting fixed

i just need a case seperator then? and i dont have that kind of money right now. im just wanting to get it fixed so i can ride it.

i just need a case seperator then? and i dont have that kind of money right now. im just wanting to get it fixed so i can ride it.

cases can be split without one but its definately a good idea. well in that case man i would hop on egay and get a late model used crank and order some new bearings and gaskets. prolly can do the whole job urself for under $150

ive already taken it off! i aint had time to take pics or work on engine lately. i did put a ford truck grill on the front bumper last nite though. luks pretty damn sweet

can i just get new bearings and gaskets?

eeehhhh mabey... you will need to get the crank out and find out exactly what teh problem is. it could be the mains or teh mains could be fine and its the lower end of the crank. the thing is if its apart why not put new bearings in? how much woudl it suck to freshen up one and not the other and then have the other part go bad?

im gonna get new bearings for it. just dont wanna have to replace the crank. i cud do it, cuz i only paid $200 for the blaster and it ran gud when i got it