blaster wont start after 20 kicks !!!

Seblaster-SA

Oct 31, 2011
hey guys , just put a new ngk racing competition plug in my bike , yet the bike wont start after several kicks , i was wondering if i even put the plug right , could someone please tell me a correct way to insert a spark plug thanks

did you put the correct gap in the plug? installing a plug is about as simple as it can get, line it up in the threads, screw it in and tighten it up, but don't overtighten it, put ur plug boot on and boom, there u go

well i did that , it just like swallowing sound and the light comes on but just dim , then i keep trying but nothing , i havent started it for 2 days coz of work so maybe the engine is very cold and it also parks outside and its been raining also

don't go running any special "racing" plugs in your blaster. that is all hype. just a ngk b8es is just fine and will run great. your plug gap is probably off.

how do i check if the gap is correct ? whats the cap anyways ?

You can gap the plug with either feeler gauges, or one of those all in one things they sell at auto parts stores. The "cap" he was referring to is the spark plug wire boot where the plug goes into it. Also, make sure you didn't pull the wire out of the boot, make sure it's pushed all the way into the boot.

i mean gap ! im running an ngk b8eg racing competition plug ... it does say on the box adjust the spark plug according to respective engine makers specification ...

if you dont understand what the differences in the plugs are i would suggest you stick to the standard b8es.

uses a feeler gauge to check the gap then set to what is specified in the manual.

i gotta remove everything and refit the plug properly and see if that will work ... how does the rubber part fit onto the plug ?do i just push it in or is there a way it should be fitted ?

it just presses on, if you not sure, take out the plug and fit it to the boot where you can see it, try not to kink the HT lead too much or you will damage it. then you can ground the pug in the boot by resting it on the cooling fins of the motor, make sure the metal of the plug touches the engine and kick the motor, watch the plug to see if it sparks or not.

also put the old plug back and see if that works

Take a bit of the plugs box and fold it over once if that fits into the gap the gap is fine. Also try heating the plug with a lighter, make sure the screw on end is on the plug.

what if its not the plug ? or are sure its the plug ? maybe it could be no fitted in correctly ... i just got to take and put it back together...

it was starting at the 1st kick , the old plug was not changed in a year so decided to put a racing plug one time ... i think i should go buy a normal plug tomorrow