Blaster wont run

The correct way to see if an engine is jetted correctly is to do a WOT plug chop.

If you WOT a fresh build you can shorten the life of the engine by excessive ring wear.

It is not wise to do a WOT plug chop on a fresh engine.

The main jet comes on at above 3/4 throttle.

If you have chosen the incorrect main jet, then by keeping at no more than 3/4 throttle, you should not fear a too lean a mixture.
Ok thank you makes perfect sense now and i heard 270 is good for 20 over?

The correct way to see if an engine is jetted correctly is to do a WOT plug chop.

If you WOT a fresh build you can shorten the life of the engine by excessive ring wear.

It is not wise to do a WOT plug chop on a fresh engine.

The main jet comes on at above 3/4 throttle.

If you have chosen the incorrect main jet, then by keeping at no more than 3/4 throttle, you should not fear a too lean a mixture.
Ok thank you makes perfect sense now and i heard 270 is good for 20 over?

my blaster would bog down and shut off after riding it for a lil bit and hard to start back up, in my incident my petcock tube had fallen out of the petcock and gunk built up in the pet weiner starving it of fuel, its quick and easy to check.

Reactions: BrianHemphill
Ok so after going there and talking with the shop owner its a 67.44 witch is 60 over if im not mistaken. How much power will that give me if any?
Put it this way, fill your pocket with sand, chuck in another pinch, did you feel any difference to the weight. That is how much power you will gain.

Reactions: jus_me
K&N filter are paper material, and will fall apart if wet.

A mud quad is generally all wheel drive. But a blaster being light as it is, it would not be bad.

I dont think a 2 stroke would be a good mudder though. too finicky to be put in and out and get crap sucked in

Ok so after going there and talking with the shop owner its a 67.44 witch is 60 over if im not mistaken. How much power will that give me if any?
You are really not gaining much, this is a common misconception that I also had before joining here. Stock bore is 66mm diameter. Each mm is ~ 1/25 or .040 inches. So 1.5mm (as you are close to) is .060 inches or called 60 over. Not a significant gain at all. Reeds and spacer only make a difference to how the air flows and not how much air flows so will not change your jatting. Your carb may just need a good cleaning and float levels set properly

So im Finnally my blaster back but have a weird feeling he didnt take the proper time to break it in. Will it hurt to start the break in process from scratch? Cool downs etc.. Thanks
Filters do not care for water much, best to keep them dry.

It will hurt nothing to perform heat cycles, re tension head and jug bolts, but chances are if it was not broken in correctly, damage may be already done.

Re tension the head and jug anyway.

Run it at no more than 3/4 throttle for two tanks of fuel.