Blaster that runs and looks like 250r ?

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
Now what I was looking into is either building a very nice blaster with all the goodies (extended swingarm, a-arms, axle, hubs, 240 kit, right bend pipe, race plastics,etc) or buying a trx250r. I like the blaster idea because the parts are more available, plus i've always been a yamaha guy. Has anyone built a blaster that looks and runs like a 250r ? any pictures or info ?

How's this for ya

photo_zps6947b348.jpg

photo1_zps36e9dec4.jpg

photo2_zpsc7545b22.jpg

The easy part is making it look like a 250r. The hard part is making it perform like a 250r. Some have put 250r hoods on. The ones in my sig are 450r hoods. I am building to bikes with custom frames. These frames are made to 250r specs.

(extended swingarm, a-arms, axle, hubs, 240 kit, right bend pipe, race plastics,etc)

Lots of money..... X(

The easy part is making it look like a 250r. The hard part is making it perform like a 250r. Some have put 250r hoods on. The ones in my sig are 450r hoods. I am building to bikes with custom frames. These frames are made to 250r specs.

EVEN MORE MONEY! :)

I would get a blaster though, much cheaper to fix!

The handling is where the 250R will shine. As is the power. Blasters are ok for what they are designed to do and even better if you mod them to the moon. But there is a limit to them for sure. And you will hit the top of your budget before you hit the modded limit of a Blaster. But when you go to sell it you will also have a limit of how much you can get back.

I have raced both. I found the stretched blaster lighter and less work to ride than a 250r and competitive against the 250r. All in all my favorite quad that I have ever riden was a Sundahl modified C&J Banshee. The big disadvantage to that bike was that it handles so good and had such an insane top speed that if you phucked up, you were not going to walk away.

I have raced both. I found the stretched blaster lighter and less work to ride than a 250r and competitive against the 250r. All in all my favorite quad that I have ever riden was a Sundahl modified C&J Banshee. The big disadvantage to that bike was that it handles so good and had such an insane top speed that if you phucked up, you were not going to walk away.

Interesting. What are some of the changes they made to improve the handling on the shee?

Many companies have made frames for the Yamaha Banshee that use TRX250R geometry. My best guess would be more frame rake in the front end, move the shock mounts to provide better leverage ratios with more travel, lowered seat height to lower the center of gravity, and who knows what else. There's a reason I build engines and not chassis' lol.

What are the odds the Godfather had design discussions with Dean Sundahl, Doug Roll, Mark Laeger..Does the alum.tank on the red bike look familiar after looking at that banshee article?? Lance made it........

I would go with a 250r, my friend has one that is modded to the moon. I'm not sure which pipe he has but it can only run on race fuel. I think he said it was a 330cc bike now with a polished 50mm carb.