blaster stalls at high speeds

pb blaster

Nov 26, 2009
today I was cruising on the roads in 6th gear when it lost all power. I pulled it over to the side of the road and it kicked over within a few kicks. It did run a little boggy after but I was able to get home. Also in between shifting gears with the clutch in the rpms would sky rocket. any idea what would cause this. 04 blaster all stock with the oil blocked. I remember my old blaster did this same thing and its the same top end on my new one.

you'll only need another piston if the compression is low. go buy or rent a compression tester and check it out. but once again, check all the base and head nuts

check, tightened. go to start it up and it revs, ive messed with the air screw and it seems to work for awhile but will eventually start to rev. I will try to get ahold of a tester soon.

pb a piston is the heart of the bike. i seen u prolly dont know what it is. well u know where ur front of the exhaust goes to also know as cylinder. well inside there is a piston u may just have run it out of life or f*cked it up. check ur compression. if its lower then ide say hmmm 100 psi then rebuild that f*cker. someone correct me if im wrong on the compression test psi. good luck and keep us updated when u figure out what it is, i hope i helped

pb a piston is the heart of the bike. i seen u prolly dont know what it is. well u know where ur front of the exhaust goes to also know as cylinder. well inside there is a piston u may just have run it out of life or f**cked it up. check ur compression. if its lower then ide say hmmm 100 psi then rebuild that f**cker. someone correct me if im wrong on the compression test psi. good luck and keep us updated when u figure out what it is, i hope i helped

thanks for the rundown but I'm aware of all of this I was just questioning as to why I might need a new piston. It just didnt make sense how it would kick over within a few kicks after it stalled if the compression was low? Could this have anything to do with the air filter or carb?

yes an air leak, and with an airleak your not going to get a true compression reading.....you might of blew a base or head gasket get a new gasket kit and pull the head and cylinder and make sure everything looks good(no scratches or nicks on the cylinder or piston) if eveything looks good put it back together with the new gaskets.

you may want to check you intake boot for cracks (its the boot that connects the carb to the cylinder)

hope this helps

Checked and the gasket between the reed cage and boot and there was a tear somehow.. replaced.. no more revving but it was a very low idle. I'll mess with the air screw tomorow i'm assuming thats all it is.

i spoke to soon. still the same high revving as before. It varies with the choke in and out. I am parting this thing out if its not a cheap fix I've got to much money into as of now!