Blaster Kart teaser pics

Of course it was raining, so I got to ride it very little and couldnt have the camera out in the wet. I did ride it though, and ripped it up and down the road enough to scare myself. This thing is pretty quick, and pulls hard.

I still need to fab air ducts for cooling, and do a couple other little odds and ends, but its very close now. I let quite a bit of air out of all the tires and that improved ride quality noticeably.

More to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sick of the rain. My weekends have been rained out without fail for the last 3 weeks now :( Any time I look at a quad or a bike or the kart, the skies open up.

sick but what you need is one of those extensions for off the carb. if you just bolt the filter right on the carb, the air doesnt have enough time to "straighten" itself out and you get turbulence...= bad flow. but thats sick dude.

So how much power am I losing? I have heard that pipe thing too, but have not seen any actual dyno or track results to substantiate the claim. Its all just been theory.

It is VERY touchy. My friends say it looks like its on the verge of flipping the whole time I ride lol. I have done some power slides with it and while it will get sideways in a hurry, it never tried to come up on two wheels or flip on me. Its got a pretty wide axle and wide offset wheels on it so that must help.

Its supposed to clear up Sunday and Monday. Thats the soonest I can get vids of it rolling. Last night I made a cooling shroud. I have to put a seat belt in it today, and maybe look at jetting again. The 270 worked great at first, but it has fouled the plug now and she wont rev clean. I may drop down to a 250 and try that.

Well, I got a chance to shoot a vid today after all. Not a great vid, and the clutch is slipping pretty bad, but at least its moving. Also, dropping the needle one groove cleaned it up enough to where it will rev again. Still rich, but I'll deal with that more later.

Last edited by a moderator:
My clutch cover gasket showed up, so I am going to tear the side open, check the clutch, fix what needs fixed, and hopefully the road will be freshly graded and I can get some high speed fly-bys :D