Blaster Kart teaser pics

Blaster_Kart

Sep 29, 2008
BSL NC
I shot a couple pics of the kart today. Please keep in mind that this is a WIP and it is in the rough-in stage at this point. Motor and rear are mounted, and shifter linkage and shifter are installed. Still have to wire it, mount the silencer, and get a brake and clutch system set up. Then its coming completely apart to get blasted and painted.

kart_2.jpg

kart_1.jpg

Reactions: blasterman312
Thanks! I plan to ride around the yard, up and down the dirt road, up and down the paved road till the cops show up... Pretty much anywhere I can get away with it :) There is also a HUGE sand pit in the woods up the dirt road my parents live on. Should be alot of fun.

work on cooling. you may want to do some kind of air scoop because sitting behind the seat/driver is going to restrict alot of airflow. but otherwise, thats sick. how did you setup the shifitng? and you made a clutch pedal n sh*t?

Thanks for all the comments and ideas.

As for shifting, I made linkage and a shift lever that you can kinda see in the pics. Left side of the kart near the steering wheel. Still needs a handle but I'll address that before its all said and done. It will have a clutch pedal as well.

I was also thinking of cooling and plan to make two scoops that will pull air from either side of the driver and direct it down across the head.

A Banshee brake setup is on the way and will be added soon.

I will update with more pics later, especially once its all blasted, painted and more presentable. Then vids of it in action! I:I

That thing is sick. I kinda wish that my brother and I had not sold our 16HP kart that we built. oh well, it was between the blasters or the kart and we chose the blasters.

Good work though. I love to see peoples custom work.

Yea, that thing is going to need some suspension or your body will be sore after the first time ridin it off road.
Also with the shifter, is that the metal rod with some hole in it no the left side? if it is, how will that work?

Yea, that thing is going to need some suspension or your body will be sore after the first time ridin it off road.
Also with the shifter, is that the metal rod with some hole in it no the left side? if it is, how will that work?

Yeah, I know it is gonna be bone-jarring, but it is a kart, and IMHO karts dont have suspension :-D The shifter is the rod with the holes, though I think I may weld all the holes shut, because I am not sure I like the look of all the holes. It works kinda like a car shifter. Back is upshift and forward is downshift.