blaster exhaust systems

BL4ST3R AL3X

Dec 25, 2015
hello,

i was just wanting some up to date opinions on some good exhaust systems for my Yamaha blaster.
i have recently went and got my self a blaster and wanted some help deciding what exhaust to get? it currently has a van hasselt exhaust system on which i haven't seen mentioned any of the threads. it currently has a pwk 33mm carb, will be getting a k&n or uni air filter shortly, sometime in the near future, probably summer time i will hopefully getting a port and polish job done plus a head mod done by ken o'conner.
with the mods what would you recommend for a good pipe?

pics of this mystery van hasselt exhaust system ?

DMC or FMF for low/mid power,
Toomey or CT for mid/top end power

image.jpeg
This is the only one I have for now will take a few more tomorrow it has VH on the expansion chamber aswell & I am looking for something abit shiny and different really.

yep, pics working now, click "full size" to enter it into the post

Yh I did a little research didn't find much out, couldn't find out anything about them on blasters.
So didn't know where to start, thought I would give here a poke as I have found out 99% of what I need to know from this forum

must have been a while since they made those.
I've never heard of them

you're UK ?
that explains a "foreign" to us exhaust

must have been a while since they made those.
I've never heard of them

you're UK ?
that explains a "foreign" to us exhaust

Yes I am in the uk, I'm not sure when it was put on the blaster must have been a good few years ago from what the guy I got it off said.
So you recommend mend the fmf or dmc for low-mid or the ct or toomey for mid-high?

Looks almost like a copy of a DG expansion chamber ? Could also be a copy or very similar to an FMF ? What about the exhaust don't you like?

Looks almost like a copy of a DG expansion chamber ? Could also be a copy or very similar to an FMF ? What about the exhaust don't you like?
Yeh thats what i was thinking. fmf replica?

said he wants something shiny and different haha
This is the only one I have for now will take a few more tomorrow it has VH on the expansion chamber aswell & I am looking for something abit shiny and different really.

So coming back to this post, the mods and specs I have or will want in the near future are head work, trial p&p, uni air filter, 33mm carb, 20" tyres, 14t & 40t sprockets, and I will be riding a few trials and track riding and some casual riding on my mates farm fields I want to have a good range from low to high power I would probably want slightly more high range without compromising low end power too much if that is possible? What exhaust would you guys recommend I would like a few opinions as this is going to be my project before the summer. Also if any of you can suggest any other upgrades I could do to enhance my blasters potential feel free to say, thanks in advance