blaster engine smoking bad

mr.brandon

Jan 30, 2013
I just rebuilt my blaster engine and it is now smoking really bad its whute smoke it doesnt smell burnt or anything and it is kinda hessatant to go at first but ita pick up speed n power is it normal fir it to di this or what?sombody help

If its white smoke than it's gear oil. Either the clutch side crank seal is leaking of you have a small crack in the case. Did you put a lot of oil on all the parts during assembly?

It is normal for a fresh rebuild to smoke excessivly for a little while due to the excess of oil used in the rebuild process, however this should be bluish not white.

Sometimes a thick cloud of bluish smoke can look very white as the light has trouble penetrating it.

Tranny oil smell really bad, not like 2 stroke at all.

Have you done a leak test since rebuild?

What was the reason for the rebuild?

i know mine white smoked like hell when i did my rebuild because i had a brain fart and put gear oil on my bearings instead of 2stroke oil

i know mine white smoked like hell when i did my rebuild because i had a brain fart and put gear oil on my bearings instead of 2stroke oil

How long did it take to start smoking? And how long did it smoke for? I think I did the same thing. I'm going to leak test it a fire it up soon. I think I put gear oil on the main bearings instead of 2 stroke. I used 2 stroke oil on the rod bearing wrist pin and rings though.

It smoked very little when i furst crunk it up after rebuild but my soring for kickstart popped had to drain oil to fix it when i put the oil back in is when it started smoking really bad i was told to put 10w-30 non synthetic oil in the bottom end could that b y ? The reason i did rebuild is i busted a whole in the casing and busted my gears i just patched the whole but had to replace the grars i did check for leaks i dont have none anywhere it fires right up on first kick but when i go to ride its slugish at firat but ita pick up,speed till 3rd or 4th gear the kinda feels like it boggs alittle i cleaned my carb n jets but still doea it ive changed my coil pack my spark plug everything i could think of! I work on small engines lawnmowers atv ect!!but this has me stumped

Do a search for leak test. This must be performed. Especially since you repaired the cases. How did you repair them? It doesn't take much gear oil to make it smoke like a freight train.