Blaster Case Saver

here is what i am saying about going around the shifter shaft.... see picture below.

Attachments

• case saver.jpg
    case saver.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 733
Whats the purpose of this it doesnt make my part do anything different it fits tight with no play. Only thing i could see is to somewhat strengthen the shift lever but is still pointless i guess. It looks like that helped hold the freaksaver on. If you put that much force on your shift lever to need more strength id add a gusset to the frame thats how my blaster is.

Does anyone know if the screws above and below the sprocket in the previous pic just hold the plastic on

Look forward to some feedback

Whats the purpose of this it doesnt make my part do anything different it fits tight with no play. Only thing i could see is to somewhat strengthen the shift lever but is still pointless i guess. It looks like that helped hold the freaksaver on. If you put that much force on your shift lever to need more strength id add a gusset to the frame thats how my blaster is.

Does anyone know if the screws above and below the sprocket in the previous pic just hold the plastic on

Look forward to some feedback

Yes, they are holding the palstic to the aluminum plate! I have one of freeks savers!

They get bolted on with two screws under the stator cover and gasket and go over the shift shaft not really for support but for protection as the hole is twice the size of the shaft!

I think with it not on the shifter shaft that would eliminate taking the shifter off to get the saver off! I say that is a plus! Also i had to use a dab of RTV on each side of the cover as that aluminum plate left a tiny space between the cover and the case. Not a big deal as that was the only option at that time works good too! I'd get another!

Only downside on this new design (if ya really want to call it that) is I'm not keen on removing my case bolts once the motor is sealed up. Yamabond is flexible and that may present a leak or i could just be on the paranoid side! But I would like to try one! I:I

Last edited:
Freaks case saver protects the shift shaft from damage as well. I have seen plenty of damage on the shift shaft in the past but mostly from dummies not keeping there chain adjusted correctly and wearing the shift shaft almost clean threw. I like the added protection myself and i have run freaks saver in the past and loved it.

jeep...don't get me wrong. i do like your design, too. i like the fact that it wont mess with the stator seal area. what price are you looking at on yours?

Pics sooner than expected I think u will see now it protects the shifter and fits. I didn't have time to mill or air grind the corner out of my case cover yet. Maybe tomorrow. The bottom angle where chain exits was slightly off so I marked and fixed it already but didn't.retake any pictures afterwards I modified a couple of other spots too. Still need to find hardware and bolt down the saver. U have to take swing arm loose and barely move it to get the saver on. Fits good with 13 t now need to order 14t to test next. Oo yea btw Igot to lookin at the case bolt issueand I think the case will be fine taking the 3 bolts loose and retightening with the saver on, if you look there are bolts nearby that should hold the case firmly together. I duno its ur own stuff so do wutcha want. I'm going to do a test to see if the plastic will hold torque with no probms
It's going to be a diff material than this model. This part is strong but but too soft and it would give.

Last edited:
hal, I noticed your swingarm bolt hole is f*cked up. You need to get that sh*t trued up son.......

hal, I noticed your swingarm bolt hole is f**cked up. You need to get that sh*t trued up son.......

i think u r drunk at least u were when i talked to u an hour before this post .my shiz is round maybe the pic angle u have to move swinger back an inch or so to install if thats wut u see. anyways im rebuilding it so if it was busted its getting replaced and new frame thats not bent

Last edited:
I like the design of the saver except for 1 thing. Your probably gonna have to sleeve the saver where the bolts go through to get the correct torque and to prevent premature wear. I could be wrong, but that's just how I see it. Either way I'm still buyin as soon as there available.

where did you find this pic I only ever was able to find the one thats on a green blaster and did not include that bottom ear

the way jeeps case saver is, the chain is completely surrounded by it, there is no need for it to go around the shift shaft, as the chain will never reach it, even if it does come off the gear

at least thats what i'm seeing

the way jeeps case saver is, the chain is completely surrounded by it, there is no need for it to go around the shift shaft, as the chain will never reach it, even if it does come off the gear

at least thats what i'm seeing

Yep,, now that i see it installed it should work great to protect the shift shaft as well. Nice Thinking!!!

Found bolts. 3 80mm long bolts or screws are going to work for the long ones and a 10 mm will b good for the shortone 6mm 1.0 pitch bolts