Blaster Big Bore service rather than new

michaelbell85

Dec 31, 2011
Divernon Illinois
Last edited by a moderator:
Not worth it man. Think about this, what happens when you blow that top end? Can't get any pistons, gaskets, or rings separately for that BBK. So you'd have to spend another $600 to get those parts.

Plus, 265 BBK's have been proven too much for blasters. Herr Juggs Racing had a 265 BBK on a blaster, and it ended up severing the cylinder in half, blowing the piston skirt, and ruining the bottom end.

I don't know if anyone on here is running a setup like that, but it appears to be a decent kit.

basically it's just a re-sleeve with a big sleeve. it'll give you a hair over 250cc with a stock stroke.

Not worth it man. Think about this, what happens when you blow that top end? Can't get any pistons, gaskets, or rings separately for that BBK. So you'd have to spend another $600 to get those parts.

Plus, 265 BBK's have been proven too much for blasters. Herr Juggs Racing had a 265 BBK on a blaster, and it ended up severing the cylinder in half, blowing the piston skirt, and ruining the bottom end.

that motor was also together for almost 10 years and run HARD at the dunes.

dollars to donuts that piston has another application and is easy to get ahold of too.

my biggest hang up with something like this is the fact that you're still using an intake port designed for a 200cc motor

that motor was also together for almost 10 years and run HARD at the dunes.

dollars to donuts that piston has another application and is easy to get ahold of too.

my biggest hang up with something like this is the fact that you're still using an intake port designed for a 200cc motor
It ran for 10 years straight without a problem??

i'd bet it probably got a refresh at some point, but it was originally built in the early 2000's

im looking at buying a 240 kit however im having problems sourcing a new kit.So i found on ebay a dealer than will do the service

Blaster 265cc 75mm Big Bore Kit Sleeve Piston Triple Port Cylinder Head Wossner | eBay

has anyone used these people before and is 265cc gonna strain the connecting rod and lower end.i thought maybe it would be a little cheaper but they do a stage 2 port they say.

i dont know who is doing that work, but i see they use a northwest sleeve part. the people at northwest sleeve are good and build a quality product. also the wossner pistons are good. sorry that's all i have for ya on that kit.

and from what i have seen the CT/la sleeve kits are back up to $1200 for just the the topend. cylinder, head, intake, reeds and piston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind i really wanted to do a dt200 swap but i found a motor but the guy wont get back to me.Ive found numerous wr200 but i dont wanna do that for the price of a used motor. So after talking to this guy im gonna do this kit with a hot rod +4 crank and just do a complete engine rebuild.Probably do a vito heavy duty clutch as well.He said it would be 295cc after all this is done.Unless someone can find me a new vito kit.And ken oconnor just does the work on his site not the kits like i need unless im wrong i would use ken as they say his work is good.

you may want to check into having a BB sleeve into the cylinder, maybe somethiing more conservative like a 72mm setup. any good, competent machine shop can do this.

it will cost about as much as a complete bbk by the time it's all done though