Jetting for 240 big bore kit

Doug318

Oct 29, 2020
Just got a blaster and the engine was seized. When looking for parts for it found a big bore kit on ebay with a 68mm piston new sleeve crank seals head . I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for what size jets I should use I live in denver I know altitude plays a part in jetting I will be useing a pod air filter but for the time being I believe I have the stock expansion chamber any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

68mm is not considered a big bore cylinder. 72mm is. But the sleeve may be thick enough to bore up to 72mm so you would have a ton of bores for topend rebuilds:) . at 72 you would probably get your 240.
Is the new crank a +3mm crank? If so your more like 218cc.
A stock blaster is really only195cc.
Pod filers have given people problems. Plus they are only good in clean environments.no sand water mud realy dust environment. If possible the stock airbox would be the better choice with holes drilled in lid or lud removed.
Jetting should not change much at all .
It is really going to depend on your current temp and altitude when jetting. The colder it is the bigger the main jet will need to be.

68mm is not considered a big bore cylinder. 72mm is. But the sleeve may be thick enough to bore up to 72mm so you would have a ton of bores for topend rebuilds:) . at 72 you would probably get your 240.
Is the new crank a +3mm crank? If so your more like 218cc.
A stock blaster is really only195cc.
Pod filers have given people problems. Plus they are only good in clean environments.no sand water mud realy dust environment. If possible the stock airbox would be the better choice with holes drilled in lid or lud removed.
Jetting should not change much at all .
It is really going to depend on your current temp and altitude when jetting. The colder it is the bigger the main jet will need to be.

Do u think the stock pipe will be ok with it only be bored 2mm over?

Can anyone tell me how to set the timing on an adjustable crappy ebay no brand stater, I got a blaster with no stater in it to go off I’m lost and don’t wanna burn it up please help