blaster battery ??

doesn't the blaster manual actually mention something in it about a blaster battery hold down strap? when I upgrade the stator Imma set mine up like Phragles ( HID ) race lights to go desert adventuring . Maybe phragle could chime in , instead of using a battery and a higher output stator , what about a capacitor? holds power like a battery , but doesn't require constant charging ?

doesn't the blaster manual actually mention something in it about a blaster battery hold down strap? when I upgrade the stator Imma set mine up like Phragles ( HID ) race lights to go desert adventuring . Maybe phragle could chime in , instead of using a battery and a higher output stator , what about a capacitor? holds power like a battery , but doesn't require constant charging ?
That's ideal thought, just remember to let the motor run before turning lights on thou. Capacitors do drain like static energy, But would give you the boost needed.

That's ideal thought, just remember to let the motor run before turning lights on thou. Capacitors do drain like static energy, But would give you the boost needed.

yes , It sounds like it would be an alternative , a small camera flash capacitor actually produces 300 volts , from the source voltage of 6v , it uses a set of transformers to first turn 6v into 300v then 300v to 5000v to get the xenon gas in the tube to light up. the 300v capacitor is all you would need to kick over the HID bulbs , because the HID balast has the second stage transformer in it . Hmmmmmmm this could be interesting

Time for a diy thread on a batteryless hid lights. would save weight from having a battery. Hmmm they do something like that for the new fuel injected 4 poke bikes HMMmmm possible parts.

just put it like this... kick start bikes dont have batteries. except the trx450r. its kick start but has a battery in case you dont feel like kickin it. but go to radio shack for a capacitor. i got a whole bunch layin around

there is a yellow and red wire in the harnes...this should be your main power source for your lights.

I don't really think a capacitor would work. Generally they are for storing extra power for a sudden need. I know that in my sub set up I run a capacitor and they are designed to hold a X amount of energy, and release that energy as quickly as possible, but I could be wrong.