Blaster acting weird

Joe magazzeni

Apr 3, 2020
I have a 2004 blaster I picked up. It’s idling all kinds of crazy and racing all over the place. When I pull the choke out to started it revs super high. I took the carburetor off cleaned it checked it out it has a 240 Main. Only thing done to the bike that I know of is a pro circuit exhaust. It has 118 psi compression. Any ideas of what’s going on with it. Also has a Tors eliminate kit on it. I was thinking the reeds when I pulled them off they’re not cracked but they are not sitting flat. Also waiting for a fly wheel puller. Any suggestions would be super appreciated

Most likely an air leak. You could visually check carb boot for cracks by slightly bending it. Most likely crank seals, they are at least 14 yrs old.
Are you using oil injection? If not is the nipple plugged/capped?

Did it leak down test and everything is holding well. It’s not losing pressure after 15 minutes and I sprayed the whole motor with soap and don’t see any leaks. Any other ideas.

OK scratch that. It’s leaking from where the cylinder meets the case. Probably blew a gasket out

Hey Joe, how could it have held 8 psi for 15 minutes..... and then you detect a leak. Just wondering. I've never heard of anything holdling pressure.... and then starting to leak.

Reactions: Slydog