Black Friday Ride

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
just a couple pics and a short video from our Black Friday Ride, it was supposed to be nice and in the 50's today, the damn weatherman lied again, it was rainy off and on and maybe in the 40's all day and was actually snowing lightly at one point. when we stopped to eat we made a fire to dry out and get warmed up, but still better than sitting on the couch all day

qo6gec.jpg

qq6bmd.jpg

10wphc1.jpg

here's a failed hill climb i tried, i've climbed this with ease quite a few times before.
when i hit the thick wet leaves at the bottom and lost speed i knew i was in trouble, slammed it down into 2nd and came out of them spinning bad and just shut her down, you can see me and the bike sliding back down thru them leaves at the end
new tires will be required before next riding season............

Last edited by a moderator:
definately shut her down and get off the bike at the first sign of trouble on hills !!!
i learned where that eject button is a long time ago, LOL

Nice save bro!! I hope you didnt sh*t your pants like the guy in the failed hillclimb raptor vid thats floating around.lol Wish I was out riding yesterday :(

Looks like a nice climb. Looks similar to a couple of strip mines in my area before they got shut down!

SO......... how did you get up? I know all about leaves, those bastards will hurt you! I remember the hill Corey (our mod) took me up, that I eneded up rolling back down as the raptor wanted to climb a tree!

SO......... how did you get up?

found out if you ride down this little creek, it takes you to the next hill down which is much smaller.
i always thought there was only one way in and out of that hill.

Im going to cry:( this ride could of been a good test on my new CCP steering stabilizer.. Looks like fun..:D

keep an eye on the weather doug, if you see a nice day and can get free, gimme a holler and bring it !!!!

Pretty awesome that you have rode that mountain for 30+ and still find new trails! Only on AWK mountain!