best way to get bedliner off of plastic?

baggedmazda

Sep 11, 2009
so i got my blaster and it had all the plastics and tank sprayed with bed liner i know how we get it off of trucks at our shop but cant really start the plastics on fire they will melt with the bed liner.
i was thinking maybe razor blade and trying to scrape it off dont wana put huge gashs in them thou i plan on doing a nice spray on them after i buff the little scratches out

it would look like sh*t if i did that i have tons of paint sitting around so i wana make it look better i am gona do the frame at some point too that will probably be winter time thou

i dont know but it looks like poop. i got some really cool blue here some silver black some crazy green and i get good deals on paint anyway. i will be sending some of the stuff of to my old work for some free chrome and anno wish i had a tig welder then i could go crazy and make some really trick parts

Why not try and sand it down to your best ability then prime it and see how it looks? If not, have fun getting it off. Its gunna be a biotch.

well sanding down rubber dont work well we will see should be tearing it down here in a couple days to do my axle bearings and to give everything a once over

have you tryed paint stripper i think that might work
paint stripper will work awesome, only problem is he plans on keeping the plastic not melting it. if he wanted a pile of fubard plastic, he woulda set it on fire like he does the truck beds....paint stripper eats right thru plastic. why do you think the cans are metal? it says right on the can, do not use on plastic!!!!

my reccomeendation....buy a decent used set and paint those. toss the rubber undercoated ones out, or see if someone will give yo a bit of coin for em.. you'll never get that sh*t off, don't bother.

paint stripper will work awesome, only problem is he plans on keeping the plastic not melting it. if he wanted a pile of fubard plastic, he woulda set it on fire like he does the truck beds....paint stripper eats right thru plastic. why do you think the cans are metal? it says right on the can, do not use on plastic!!!!

my reccomeendation....buy a decent used set and paint those. toss the rubber undercoated ones out, or see if someone will give yo a bit of coin for em.. you'll never get that sh*t off, don't bother.

^^^^what he said^^^^

Dude i would NOT paint plastics there just gunna get fu@ked up bad later when you roll it or hit something then it scratches off and looks bad. Even going threw tall grass it will do that, look on here and ebay for plastics just my .02 cents