Best sprocket setup for my bike?

MyfirstBlaster

Mar 26, 2009
Alabama Gulf Coast
I heard from a friend that if you go down from 13 to 12 in front and up 40 to 41 in rear it would give it good low to mid torque? Anyone ever done/heard this?

Tell me what you would sprocket wise (or anyhthnig else) with my bike setup. (not much?) I really dont know much about it.

Full FMF pipe set
UNI aif filter
Jetkit
razr mx tires
just rebuilt card. no upgrades.

Thanks-Alex

nnnnnnnoooooo the blaster is geared too low as it is. Yes it will give you more low end, but the top speed will be like 40. With a blaster you want to gear up. The stock sprockets are 13/40. Get a 14 tooth front sprocket, that will give you more top end and won't take away from the bottom too much.

well do you find you want it to go faster off the start and top out sooner?
or would you rather have a faster top speed at the cost of some torque?

Im running 61 as of right now I would like to have low end power but without loosing too much top end. if i went for lowend what would i be around at top speed? kinda hard to guess but just ballpark it? 54+ would be fine with me

thanks

those 18's will make u lose top end, and gain more bottom, if u want the top speed back go with a 14 tooth front, 1 tooth in the front = -2 in the back

i also got my blaster at a pawn shop for 950 out the door, its an 06se. its also my first blaster and really my first quad. thanks for answering my question in the prosses though.