best sprocket combo

Andrew

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan
I was wondering what the best sprocket combo would give me a good top speed on long straits and trial riding. 03 blaster. thanks!

If you only want speed you can do

13:38
14:42
15:40

If you want mid you can do

13:40 (stock)
14:40

If you only want power you can do

13:42

Tire sizes:

Speed
22" (extended swinarm)

mid
20"

power/spin
18"

Last edited:
Also depends on mods, tire size, and how tight the trails are. Provide a little more info and we will point you in the right direction.

I'm riding trails im now using 13/39 and I'm happy. 18" tires. I do change my rear tires often though, depending on where and what I'm riding.. Tire size and mods will make a big difference in what you might want to run, like stated.

Its pretty much stock with 21 inch tires, i think im gonna go with 14/40. Thanks to everyone for the help! I appreciate it!

IMO 14/40 with 21" tires is to much top speed for the trails. You will never ge t it in 6th gear. Why do you think you need more gears? Do you run out 6tth gear often?

You have to remember atv's arnt really designed for use on the road/pavement ... Also its not good for the motor to keep the throttle pinned while in 6th gear at or near top speed, the crank case can starve for trans oil therefore not getting adequate lubrication. Never hold it at wot for more then 10 seconds without letting off for at least 3 seconds, this allows the proper amount of trans oil to reenter the upper part of the crank case and lubricate the crank/bearings etc.

You have to remember atv's arnt really designed for use on the road/pavement ... Also its not good for the motor to keep the throttle pinned while in 6th gear at or near top speed, the crank case can starve for trans oil therefore not getting adequate lubrication. Never hold it at wot for more then 10 seconds without letting off for at least 3 seconds, this allows the proper amount of trans oil to reenter the upper part of the crank case and lubricate the crank/bearings etc.

Some wires crossed here.

The crankcase never ever has transmission oil in it unless the seals are shot.

A 2 stroke motor should handle long periods of WOT if it is jetted, lubricated and cooled correctly.

I run 25:1 bean oil at a slightly richer mix than optimum and would willing let anyone run my bike at WOT for a much longer period than 10 seconds.

Geez, what is the point of riding a smoker if I cannot grip and rip, I might as well trade it in on a 4 poke.