Beadlocks vs baja vs itp ss vs t-9 pro series

May 12, 2010
wv
okay im getting new rims and tires wen i get back from vaction. im gonna either get beadlocks bajas itp ss or t-9 pro series (i think thats wat its called) and im having a sh*t load of trouble i need yalls help. i wanna know wat rim u think is the strongest and looks the best.

you needto know material (6061 etc)thickness (0.190 etc) and treating and also if it was retreated after welding. You want the thickest rims, and re treated after welding as the welding destroys whatever treatment (t6 etc) that was done prior.

you needto know material (6061 etc)thickness (0.190 etc) and treating and also if it was retreated after welding. You want the thickest rims, and re treated after welding as the welding destroys whatever treatment (t6 etc) that was done prior.

/\/\/\/\/\ phrags, you dont have that info already stored in that vast knowledgable noggin of yours????
i'd like to know that myself, i've killed these itp's already, not even a year, dont know which ones they are, bought them used becuase they came with all 4 of my favorite tires, (pure sport bandits)
prolly some sand dune junk rims????,
but lookin for the strongest rock bouncing mo-fo's there are????

i have a set of douglass wheels with champion beadlocks for 160 shipped i have a pic in my for sale thread way less than what they are new pm if your interested

If your going to do alot of banging around a trail somewhere then heavy duty, thick wheels would be best. If your looking for quickness and you race it often then weight is a very important factore in wheels. Heavy wheels have both unsprung and rotating weight. That's a double whammy no no. If your looking for performance than weight is very important.

i am probley gonna break down and get the bajas. or the wheels that holeshotman08 has on the back of his blasty. but i have a question. to run banshee rear wheels do u have to have banshee hubs. because i bought my blasty with banshee rear wheels. and i dont think that i got the stock set of hubs and i want to put the same size rear wheels that is on the blaster stock.

if those are actually banshee wheels/hubs, i would stick with that setup over buying stuff that's blaster specific, your wheel options are just a lot more open

if those are actually banshee wheels/hubs, i would stick with that setup over buying stuff that's blaster specific, your wheel options are just a lot more open

o okay if i cant get the wheels i want in the size of stock blaster ill just get the banshee ones

well its the bolt pattern that you have to worry about, if it has banshee wheels then it has banshee hubs which are 4/115 no 4/100. stock blaster wheels are 8x8 and the banshee ones should be 9x8

also.... carbon fiber wheels r only a wieght saving gain!!!! not strength!!!! carbon fiber is only the strongest material for tension and compression loads.... for head on force its nothing compared to metal

haha then i guess theyre useless... u wont mess up the bead on HiPer beadlocks.... same is true with any other beadlocks.... but if u hit something hard enough with em theyll crack really easy

im getting douglas .190's in the front... ill post reviews

also.... carbon fiber wheels r only a wieght saving gain!!!! not strength!!!! carbon fiber is only the strongest material for tension and compression loads.... for head on force its nothing compared to metal

haha then i guess theyre useless... u wont mess up the bead on HiPer beadlocks.... same is true with any other beadlocks.... but if u hit something hard enough with em theyll crack really easy

You have much to learn.

/\/\/\/\/\ phrags, you dont have that info already stored in that vast knowledgable noggin of yours????
i'd like to know that myself, i've killed these itp's already, not even a year, dont know which ones they are, bought them used becuase they came with all 4 of my favorite tires, (pure sport bandits)
prolly some sand dune junk rims????,
but lookin for the strongest rock bouncing mo-fo's there are????

I don't think they make a rim that is awk speed rated